The VERY Dry Spell Meeting Point

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I'm not sure where to post this and this thread seemed as good a place as any......

I know I can be a bit militant in terms of my support for Daniel and his career (well, I can....) but I REALLY needed to say this. I know I will be 'preaching to the converted' but I will say it anyway....

I have just finished watching a movie called "Locke" starring Tom Hardy. TH could be described as one of Daniels 'rivals' or 'competitors' in the acting world. This film was also FOURTH on my list but the rental guy did not stock the first three I had in mind. The movie was good, interesting but it COULD HAVE BEEN SO MUCH BETTER with Daniel in the lead role. TH gave a studied performance but so much of the emotion was missing that you get with Daniel's performances. You can usually tell just by looking into his eyes what his character is thinking. This movie, in case you are unfamiliar with it, has TH in a car going from his work at the end of the day. He takes a different turn and, because of this, his life changes completely in just 80 minutes. All the character does in this time is take phone calls in his car from a jilted wife, a furious boss and an emotional girlfriend giving birth to his baby. TH is the only actor on screen throughout the movie. It is the sort of independent that Daniel would have gravitated towards but seems to have stopped doing for some reason. I don't blame Daniel for this. If he wants to get back to the independents, maybe he's just waiting for the right script. In the special features, one of the producers said that TH was the ONLY actor who could handle such a role...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Daniel could do this in his sleep AND make it ten times better!! Daniel is busy with Bond now and that's great - we're all looking forward to this movie, with bells on. But ALL directors and producers need to know how GOOD Daniel is in his chosen profession. I would just say to these "movie moguls" - or whatever the hell they're called these days.....

You want to make your movie special? Cast Daniel Craig in the lead role. End of.

I wish I could make them listen to me but I can't. Daniel's career as an actor is in his hands and I REALLY hope he knows what he's doing with it.

It is the love I have for him that makes me want everyone to know just how special and amazing he is, not just as a human being but as an extraordinarily talented actor...
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I watched Locke when it was in the theaters here. One of the very few times where the audience started to applaud when the credits started rolling.

It was a tour der force of Tom Hardy, captivating from the beginning to the very end. I just love Tom's choices. He's very smart mixing huge blockbusters with small independent movies and smart little british movies on very british subjects.

I just wish Daniel would decide to do this kind of movie.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

He probably will again.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

Dunda wrote:I watched Locke when it was in the theaters here. One of the very few times where the audience started to applaud when the credits started rolling.

It was a tour der force of Tom Hardy, captivating from the beginning to the very end. I just love Tom's choices. He's very smart mixing huge blockbusters with small independent movies and smart little british movies on very british subjects.

I just wish Daniel would decide to do this kind of movie.
This surprises me VERY much. I mean, it WAS good but TH didn't show an awful lot of emotion, even when his world started to crumble around him. Maybe that was the whole point. His character was determined to remain calm and see his plan through to the end. I think TH is a good actor but he is NOT AS GOOD as Daniel which was the reason for my rant last night.... :wink: :oops:

I hope Daniel does go back to doing a smaller movie after the next Bond. Something that people will want to see but also show off his talents to its fullest extent. 8)
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

:lol:

I think Tom is in the same league as Daniel in regard of his acting skills and he's as versatile as Daniel as well.

The great difference for me is that he's just not addictive to me and I'm sure I wouldn't endure to go through a crap movie just because he's in it like I did for Daniel with Invasion or Dream House.

I would not buy those DVDs just because I want everything with Hardy in
it. That's my daughters duty
:twisted:

SmittenDramaKitten

Dunda wrote:
The great difference for me is that he's just not addictive to me and I'm sure I wouldn't endure to go through a crap movie just because he's in it like I did for Daniel with Invasion or Dream House.
Oh, absolutely :stick_iagree: with you there!!! :lol: :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

As long as we are still on the quiet side, I wish you all a good day and a fine rest of the week. :blowkiss:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

:stick_iagree: 'Tis quiet GG...

Which is a bit of a shame because I was hoping to get some mega exciting news while I was on holiday. :roll: Like a new pic or something about Bond like the PC!!!!!!!! I keep dropping hints about that one but the 'powers that be' at Sony / Eon are clearly not listening to me!!! Oh well, I will continue to post my ramblings on my blog even if there is nothing else to talk about...

:sigh:
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Not dry here, we are finally getting some rain. Not a lot but it's better than nothing.
I made a bread pudding, don't ask for the receipt as I put what ever I have.
This time I used fresh blueberries and some chocolate chips. A variety of old bread.
So dry as it may be I am keeping busy.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Its really sad to note, that we are having a dry spell in the middle of filming a Bond film. SF was not great, but Spectre, so far, is worse. :evil:

SmittenDramaKitten

Hmmmmmmmm.... :brood:

Don't fret GG. I'm sure it's just a 'phase'. :) People flock when there is news from Spectre, Papz shots etc. Daniel is back on set after his hiatus for his knee but I don't know where they are filming right now because there's been no set reports. They are being extra secretive about this one. That does surprise me actually.... :o
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:Hmmmmmmmm.... :brood:

Don't fret GG. I'm sure it's just a 'phase'. :) People flock when there is news from Spectre, Papz shots etc. Daniel is back on set after his hiatus for his knee but I don't know where they are filming right now because there's been no set reports. They are being extra secretive about this one. That does surprise me actually.... :o
They're at Pinewood atm, hence no pics. :wink:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:Hmmmmmmmm.... :brood:

They're at Pinewood atm, hence no pics. :wink:
bubita

Post by bubita »

I guess it´s good for a relationship (the imaginary I have of course) to be apart from each other from time to time. :roll:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Something wet to get through the Dry Spell

Thanks to A!