Betrayal - Bye, Bye...

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

This snippet is from the Mail online:

The performance of Daniel Craig, as cuckold Robert, alongside second wife Rachel Weisz, in Betrayal by Harold Pinter, disappoints respected Broadway critic Hilton Als, who says: ‘Craig flails about, overusing his hands, as if he were drowning.’ More galling for Craig, Rafe Spall as Jerry, the friend who cuckolds Robert, is praised by Als for his ‘imaginative absorption’ of Pinter characters. Craig does have the small consolation of imaginatively absorbing his new Bond contract for two films worth £31million.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... staff.html

I think the quote from Hilton Als is taken from a recent article in The New Yorker, 'Three on a Match'. It's only available to subscribers.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cassandra wrote:Nicole Nesbitt @nesbizzle
Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz and Rafe Spall were all fantastic in Betrayal tonight! I loved it. Toby Maguire seemed to enjoy it as well.

Susy Q ‏@ystar007 4h
So so so so saw my dear Daniel Craig in #Betrayal!!!!!!!!!!!! Words cannot describe it.
https://twitter.com/ystar007/status/399 ... 64/photo/1
Haha, Beanie Dan is back. This girl belongs here. Thanks Cass.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

spanglemaker9 ‏@spanglemaker9 5h
There's something about those 60s/ 70s Pinter plays though. All that self-conscious intellectualism can be distancing.

And while I love Rafe Spall and he did a great job, I think the part might have been better served by a different actor.

Betrayal was very good. Daniel Craig has just as much magnetism in person as he does in screen. Rachel was less strong.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Stupid Famous People ‏@stupidfamous 7h
*NEW VIDEO* UK Football Legend Gary Lineker & wife Danielle Bux See 'Betrayal' on Broadway! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZaqptutIxs … @GaryLineker #Soccer
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

How cool to read all this stuff :D

Getting ready for my own evening at the Barrymore theatre next Friday... Nervous about seeing Daniel live for the first time ever.

Grip
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

agrippina wrote:How cool to read all this stuff :D

Getting ready for my own evening at the Barrymore theatre next Friday... Nervous about seeing Daniel live for the first time ever.

Grip
How wonderful. I'm sure you'll have a great time.
Take some pics if you can. :D
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Sylvia's girl wrote:

Grip
I will try. Although I suspect it will be a bit like when I went to a whale watching tour: blink and the moment's over...

Except that he will be there every evening I will be there for sure, quite unlike the unpredictable whales. :wink:

Grip
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

agrippina wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:

Grip
I will try. Although I suspect it will be a bit like when I went to a whale watching tour: blink and the moment's over...

Except that he will be there every evening I will be there for sure, quite unlike the unpredictable whales. :wink:

Grip
I know what you mean, just savour the moment. :wink:
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Grip, Dunda told me you would see it. How wonderful. This brings back the memory of us sitting in your living room and earth googling "things" :lol: how long ago was that?

If you can maybe try to stagedoor, when you are not seeing the play. Its fun, too. Maybe you see and meet interesting people.

I wish you thebest experience. Love "me"
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Alina

Post by Alina »

Grip
I envy you so much! Take photos and try to remember as many details as you can :) And report back, of course! The "not so fortunate" (like me) are counting on you, you know :)
Last edited by Alina on Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

His awesome, Grip. Wishing you a hat-free moment outside. And you're right, blink and it's over. But there's still something cool about seeing him in the flesh, and thank goodness he talks while signing (and being very nice), so you'll hear him.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

cassandra wrote:This snippet is from the Mail online:

The performance of Daniel Craig, as cuckold Robert, alongside second wife Rachel Weisz, in Betrayal by Harold Pinter, disappoints respected Broadway critic Hilton Als, who says: ‘Craig flails about, overusing his hands, as if he were drowning.’ More galling for Craig, Rafe Spall as Jerry, the friend who cuckolds Robert, is praised by Als for his ‘imaginative absorption’ of Pinter characters. Craig does have the small consolation of imaginatively absorbing his new Bond contract for two films worth £31million.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... staff.html

I think the quote from Hilton Als is taken from a recent article in The New Yorker, 'Three on a Match'. It's only available to subscribers.
OUCH! I hadn't noticed. Now it's all I'll notice. He does talk with his hands a lot though, doesn't he?
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

The long hair is an unexpected bonus - I love that :P and hope to see it up close and personal!

I'll probably hang out at the stage door a couple of times... Just to catch the whale for that precious half a minute.

Hi, GG! It's been awhile again since I've been here last, but life keeps on being very busy. Hugs!

Grip
PAMELA BRAMMER

Betrayal

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

Hi grip

How wonderful you are going to see him the flesh for the very first time. Savour the moment, its very precious that first time you see him stood in front of you.

Enjoy it and remember it.

Love Pam :D :D
Never regret anything that makes you smile!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Enjoy the nano second Grip! It's worth it....

Too bad we will miss out on meeting up, but that's life :(

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com