Skyfall Awards

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Yea!!! At least one - Sound Editing.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Streisand has made the show worth watching for me.
caramel

Post by caramel »

Adele's performance was beautiful. Very happy for her and Skyfall Sound editing win :cheer:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

caramel wrote:Adele's performance was beautiful. Very happy for her and Skyfall Sound editing win :cheer:
Yeah, absolutely. Her 'attempted' acceptance speech was so beautiful. I just love her.

Am watching Kimmel's 'After the Oscars' show, and he's put together some sort of fake movie preview with a lot of actors participating. Rachel is in it. She recorded her part when she was on his show on the 14th because she's wearing the black zipper dress with the lace neckline.
Last edited by sf2la on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Is Daniel Day-Lewis the first actor who had won three Occars for a leading role?

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Dunda wrote:Is Daniel Day-Lewis the first actor who had won three Occars for a leading role?
That's what they said.
caramel

Post by caramel »

Dunda wrote:Is Daniel Day-Lewis the first actor who had won three Occars for a leading role?
I understand that to be true.
I was so hoping for Joaquin to win ( I am yet to see The Master though). But DDL has been unstoppable all along.

Also Anne Hathaway - Ugh. I am happy her fake gushing was kept to a minimum this time around.
NOW she can go away and not show her face around for some time :twisted:
JenLaw win was a disappointment too. Hers seems similar to the Sandra Bullock win a few years ago.

I liked Seth as the host. He was totally in charge, relaxed and he suits the Oscars tbh. I wont be surprised to see him come back another time.

Overall the show was alright, pretty predictable. A few upsets would have been nice :lol:
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Adele was nice (though the sound might have been better)

Riva lost boo :evil:
but Ang lee & Pi didnt disappointed

congrats SF!
Roger better win for Bond 24 ! :)

Tribute as kinda lame
Id exected smth like Dan/Eva & Lazenby/Diana Rigg pairings Moore & Dalton could have appeared via tape
maybe some reminiscing
but simlpe montage....lame

Shirley saved it a bit
what a woman!!
:adore: :adore:
Last edited by Elvenstar on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I thought Seth rated a 1/10 :shock: . Thought the beginning was dreadful and the end song for the losers mean spirited and very rude. I didn't think he was funny or gracious. But that's just me.

He reminds me of a grown-up Peter Brady. Lol!!

I thought J Castain was better than JLawrence and, yes, the dreaded A Hathaway speech could have been worse.
Last edited by sf2la on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Elvenstar wrote:Adele was nice (though the sound might have been better)

congrats SF!
Agreed about the sound. I was disappointed that Adele didn't get a standing ovation because the others did. But in the end, she got the statue :wink: .
caramel

Post by caramel »

sf2la wrote:I thought Seth rated a 1/10 :shock: . Thought the beginning was dreadful and the end song for the losers mean spirited and very rude. I didn't think he was funny or gracious. But that's just me.

He reminds me of a grown-up Peter Brady. Lol!!

I thought J Castain was better tan JLawrence and, yes, the dreaded A Hathaway speech could have been worse.
Chastain was good overall and I liked her nuanced performance in the first few scenes very much.
JenLaw was overacting in more than one scene. Acting wise Bradley was so much better than her in SLP.

I thought Renee Zellweger looked ridiculous on stage. What was up with her face and where were her eyes? Sandra Bullock's neck was totally distracting and not in a good way.
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

sf2la wrote:
Elvenstar wrote:Adele was nice (though the sound might have been better)

congrats SF!
Agreed about the sound. I was disappointed that Adele didn't get a standing ovation because the others did. But in the end, she got the statue :wink: .
yeah she deservingly won!
but it could have been waaay better onstage

maybe I imagined it in my head too many times & it was bound to be disappointing
:)
+ she seemed nervous
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

She said before the event that she was very nervous, so yeah. I don't blame her though. She's so brave, and she's known to suffer from stage fright. That's plagued Streisand for her entire career. It seems so odd because they are AMAZING singers, but it's so endearing on Adele. She's SO talented and so beautiful, inside and out.
Last edited by sf2la on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

yeah it was visible (nervousness)

just hope she'll still be performing it in concert
the song deserves to be heard live

she's indeed amazing & warm & sunny person :blowkiss:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

After reading commentaries here and at MII, I an glad, I didn't stay up. No need without Dan being there to loose necessary sleep :wink: I suppose, he lay on his sofa and felt super happy to not having to be there :lol: Still sad. It should have been him instead of halle bary.

I do wonder though, that they just had a montage. I thougt, they were saying, it was something exceptionnel. Well maybe it was for them.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..