Skyfall Awards

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Vynera

Post by Vynera »

I have to stay I didn't care for Seth Macfarlane at all. Actually couldn't stand him :roll: I'm just happy Skyfall won two oscars :)
"A woman looks beautiful when she's true to herself. Her inner beauty shines through. It's like being in love--it shows. You have a natural glow, you can't help but beam--that's beautiful."
-Rachel Weisz
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

So happy Skyfall won their Oscars!!! :D
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

@gruber
Bet they had to call off the “all the Bond actors onstage together to introduce Adele” thing because Connery got drunk and wanted to fight.
2/24/13 7:38 PM

:D :lol:
After reading commentaries here and at MII, I an glad, I didn't stay up. No need without Dan being there to loose necessary sleep Wink I suppose, he lay on his sofa and felt super happy to not having to be there Laughing Still sad. It should have been him instead of halle bary.
yep
without SF's success I doubt this 'academy' actually would care about the anniversary at all
Last edited by Elvenstar on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

From my point of view Seth McFarlane was great because I understood 100% what he said. I didn't understand hosts like Ellen Degeneres, Hathaway/Franco in the past. Don't forget that not only native speaker watch the show. Though Jon Stewart is still my favourite.

Except the lame Bond montage they had almost no movie montages it felt more like a music/musical award show and not like a movie award show. I miss something like the funny gay cowboy montage. But I liked the boob song with the hint that Winslet is in all her movies naked and that a key to get an Oscar for actresses is nudity.

The Jaws score to show it's time to leave the stage was rude and not funny.

The standing ovations and win for Lawrence was a joke. Girl didn't paid her dues to get standing ovations IMO. Waltz isn't in my book a two times Oscar winner it came to fast but he didn't robbed it from someone because nominees have already won one or more. DDL the best actor of all time according to the academy I mean they had worse winner the past few years in supporting actress category *cough* Jennifer Hudson *cough*. Her speech was okay.

The best sound editing award for Skyfall is great. Since I watched it they never had a tie before.

Please next year no musical crap and no singers like Hudson, Carey, Beyonce etc. they all scream IMO and not singing.
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

yeah JLaw winning was the biggest joke :?

@ScottFeinberg
Poor Greg P. Russell... now 0 for 16... the wait goes on.

our poor sound mixer

even more crap than Deakins missing
:thumbdown: :cry2:
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

After seeing the Bond montage I undestand why the 6 Bonds weren't there.
How do you put Sean Connery, George Lazeby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Bronson and Daniel Craig all together. You have old, older, even older not so bad looking and younger and even younger.
Bond is a enigma, timeless and keeps evolving. Made sence to me.
Loved Adele and Barbara Strisend's preformances.
Skyfall was a shoe in, couldn't imagine any oher some wining this year.
Halli Berry was awesome as the indruction to the Bond montage.
Over all Oscar show, L O N G...mostly B O R I N G... as usual.
Very happy for Ben Affleck.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

tbossmc2000 wrote:After seeing the Bond montage I undestand why the 6 Bonds weren't there.
How do you put Sean Connery, George Lazeby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Bronson and Daniel Craig all together. You have old, older, even older not so bad looking and younger and even younger.
Bond is a enigma, timeless and keeps evolving. Made sence to me.
Loved Adele and Barbara Strisend's preformances.
Skyfall was a shoe in, couldn't imagine any oher some wining this year.
Halli Berry was awesome as the indruction to the Bond montage.
Over all Oscar show, L O N G...mostly B O R I N G... as usual.
Very happy for Ben Affleck.
I think having all 6 on stage would have been fabulous - just because of the 50th thing. The ceremony supposedly awards movie magic and the actors. I think it is all about the performances, about the actors who have made Bond, Bond. I don't think there would be anything wrong with old Sean next to a much younger Daniel. It shows 50 years of a franchise, which is pretty cool. Oh well, I thought the show as a whole 'sucked', so what does it matter. Geez, the Golden Globes were so good!
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Alo a good point SF, I see Sean Connery a little different after seeing the documentary everything and nothing 007.
I'm not sure if they will ever get him to participate.
http://www.amazon.com/Everything-Nothin ... +about+007
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Skyfall' Leads U.K.'s Empire Award Nominations With Six

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s ... ard-425517
Vynera

Post by Vynera »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Skyfall' Leads U.K.'s Empire Award Nominations With Six

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s ... ard-425517
Yay exciting news! Hopefully Daniel will win :)
"A woman looks beautiful when she's true to herself. Her inner beauty shines through. It's like being in love--it shows. You have a natural glow, you can't help but beam--that's beautiful."
-Rachel Weisz
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

VERY cool. Dished out on the 24 March

VOTE here
!
http://www.empireonline.com/awards2013/competition.asp

There are also the
Saturn Awards

"Skyfall" bags seven nods in total. The twenty-third James Bond movie is set to compete in the Best Action/Adventure Film category alongside "The Bourne Legacy", "The Dark Knight Rises", "Django Unchained", "Les Miserables" and "Taken 2". Its lead actor Daniel Craig is up for Best Actor award, while his co-star Javier Bardem is one of the strongest contenders in Best Supporting Actor category.

Read more: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/000 ... z2LWKFe5Fp

Sad The winners will be revealed sometime in June. The exact date and location for the awards ceremony will be confirmed in the coming weeks.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

2013 MTV Movie Awards Nominations:

Skyfall, Javier and Dan nominated.
He's nominated for best shirtless performance among others. :lol:

http://uk.eonline.com/news/394535/2013- ... ning-tatum
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

He's nominated for best shirtless performance among others. Laughing
the main award of them all! :rotfl: :rotfl: