Spectre November 2015

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

sf2la wrote:
FrenchCat wrote:
sf2la wrote:I would LOVE for him to do a good romantic comedy or just a nice story. It doesn't have to win awards, but it could be a big hit. I'm thinking of something along the lines of Hugh Grant's 'About a Boy.' A simple movie with a nice ending. That would be a dream, particularly if his occupation were a lifeguard :twisted:

Oh, but he was so perfect in GDT.
Oh yeah a lifeguard !! :) My favourite romantic comedy is "What women wants". I'm sure he would be so great in that kind of movie.
I will definitely have to get my hands on that one. What woman doesn't like a good romantic comedy?
My dream pitch for him - haha - is to use the hilarious Red Nose Day Elaine Figgis but as the trailer for a 2-hour, full-feature movie. It has all the elements - her online dating disasters, their first meetup, their quick romance, what she did to really atract him, the tent sequence of him not letting her come up for air - lol. Or maybe them taking her cheap trip to Malaga and people staring at him and she tho is it's her they're staring at, etc. I just want more of that story. I think it's my favorite Daniel bit of all. And he's even clothed!!!! Catherine Tate is a superb actress, and he worked so well off of her.
Anyone seen The Face of Love with Annette Bening and Ed Harris? I think DC would work well in a mature romantic role like the one played by Harris.
bubita

Post by bubita »

bumblebee wrote:
sf2la wrote:
FrenchCat wrote: Oh yeah a lifeguard !! :) My favourite romantic comedy is "What women wants". I'm sure he would be so great in that kind of movie.
I will definitely have to get my hands on that one. What woman doesn't like a good romantic comedy?
My dream pitch for him - haha - is to use the hilarious Red Nose Day Elaine Figgis but as the trailer for a 2-hour, full-feature movie. It has all the elements - her online dating disasters, their first meetup, their quick romance, what she did to really atract him, the tent sequence of him not letting her come up for air - lol. Or maybe them taking her cheap trip to Malaga and people staring at him and she tho is it's her they're staring at, etc. I just want more of that story. I think it's my favorite Daniel bit of all. And he's even clothed!!!! Catherine Tate is a superb actress, and he worked so well off of her.
Anyone seen The Face of Love with Annette Bening and Ed Harris? I think DC would work well in a mature romantic role like the one played by Harris.
I know it´s not comedy, But I´d love to see him doing something like "The Bridges of Madison County"
:sigh:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I have not seen The Face of Love but will have to. I wonder if it's the movie that got them together like Dream House for D&R? And yes, Madison County. Perfect.

I think we agree that what we want is a love story. I can even drop the necessity for him to be a lifeguard; an underwear model or pool sweeper would be fine, too :twisted: . He is in his prime for a romantic lead. Doesn't he realize that? Pretty frustrating. Defiance - war. C&A - kid's popcorn summer movie; GDT - that was great but not a heartwarming love story; Flashbacks - the threesome and walk to the bathroom...what else was in that movie? Lol, actually, I liked that movie A LOT when he was in it, not the young Daniel. Still, my fave - 'The Mother.'

We've really gotten off topic in this thread.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thankfully we have a mod, who allows off topic. :twisted: not like on other boards, where they lill every conversation, of it is off topic. :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

As both Daniel and Spectre have been nominated, it would be nice to see him attend.

Nominations for the National Film Awards

http://nationalfilmawards.co.uk/nominat ... -revealed/

It's a public vote, so we'll have to get voting!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I dont see, were we go to vote.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:I dont see, were we go to vote.
No, it doesn't make sense.....
Voting officially commences today (15/01/16 until the 25th of March 2016)

Not today but Friday, I suppose.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks. Looking and stuff on a small window always makes things more difficult to see. :wink:

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

'SPECTRE' has received a Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Award nomination for 'Best Contemporary Hair Styling'.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Red-Snow wrote:'SPECTRE' has received a Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Award nomination for 'Best Contemporary Hair Styling'.
It should win for Daniel alone. He had a impeccable haircut! :lol: I'd still rather have him shirtless with a buzz cut, but 'dems da breaks!'
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Still, it was a BIT short on the sides for me, but yeah, certainly a big step forward from SF. :twisted:

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:Still, it was a BIT short on the sides for me, but yeah, certainly a big step forward from SF. :twisted:
Yeah, you are right. I guess it was just so much better than SF's ears haircut. I just can't figure out why they don't keep his hair like CR. Who says he needs a new look every time? When a cut looks good on someone, male or female, leave it alone :wink: .
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

True, but I trust Daniel to find ways to screw with his looks :twisted:

He always does, right? :lol:

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

'Writings on the Wall' has received an Oscar nomination for 'Best Original Song'.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Red-Snow wrote:'Writings on the Wall' has received an Oscar nomination for 'Best Original Song'.
IMHO, that's absolutely undeserved. Didn't work well in the title sequence, nor as a song in itself.