DC and RW news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Lu wrote: I believe this is all very intentional.

Daniel has a lot of movies coming out shortly and gay rumors that just won't die. I for one do not believe for a second he does not look online to see what people are saying and that he is not 100% concerned about his marketability and celebrity profile. The insistence on privacy also I think has a purpose as far as his PR persona. But he knows he needs to play the game.

Sorry, but I am so cynical about these matters. I think everything that comes out of big-dollar-Hollywood is "spun" and I think Daniel moved into that strata and he knows it. I have a feeling this new romance is about 30% romance and 70% business. Or perhaps 70% romance and 30% business. But at least SOME of it is probably business. So maybe this will only last a year but if he gets what he needs out of it and Rachel enjoys herself, c'est la vie. I will sit back and enjoy being a spectator and hope that whatever he is doing, it makes him happy. :D That is my .02 as a cynical Hollywood observer. :lol: Feel free to disagree.
Hi Lu - most of what Jes said I agree and this sounds to me pretty much constructed. You said, we can disagree :lol:
The gay rumors are not very consistant, as far as I know and many celebs are branded gay anyway. Its just the game, that is played.

IF just a part of your story is right, then Daniel has turned around 180 ° or more. Nothing he ever did, gave to me the impression, that he would sacrifice important things in his life for business or for what people think about him - he always more or less played it to the contraire. Has he changed? I haven't seen any significant changes in nis personality apart from enjoing the luxuries his money allows him now. Has he all of a sudden lost his integerity, that we always saw and pretty much EVERYTHING we ever liked in him?
If your story was true, then he has...

BTW - DH only comes out in September - this is the part of your story, that really knocks me off. He leaves the woman of his life to promote a film?

Constructed pics about the get away? Maybe this is the first and only time so far they had, to be openly together. Its holiday season - THIS is when people have days off and can be together. It had to come out one way or another - I see nothing constructed in that. Only that NOW they were ready to get it over with. Would it make a difference for you, if it was in january or later or earlier?

I find it amazing, how easily all we know about him is dismissed to assume the worst. I am really sad about that. I think, he deserves better...Painting the picture of a completely different man doesn't bring us closer to reality, I think.

Having said that - the discussion is on and EVERYBODY is entitled to their opinion. We won't agree on the matter any time soon, so please, lets not take opposite opinions personal. Lets learn how to do this properly.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Well, if there is calculation behind coming out of the closet (so to say), then this I guess is quite a good time: the "scandal" will be well over and forgotten by the time all the movies next year will come out?!
calypso

Post by calypso »

love these two pics from TB on pap thread.
adoring gaze from her and her checking his PFA.
two things i would do. :twisted:
ImageImage
caramel

Post by caramel »

honeyjes wrote:There are two sides to any story so I’m somewhat bemused by the saint and sinner stance taken by some when we know little to nothing about their splits as both couples aren’t running around blabbing about their life. The announcement of Darren and Rachel’s breakup from memory doesn’t include a coda apportioning blame, so why do some of us need to.

For the best part of a year there’s been no sightings/reports of either Sats or Rachel with Daniel. So what gives with the dumping of Sats yesterday to be with Rachel today, this is all a staged, contrived PR spin, gay denial, career move self promotion, he’s got some films coming out soon so needs the publicity, he’s a sell out to Hollywood but he’ll run back to Sats after a year and I’m getting front seats to watch the train wreck unfold. I don’t think pissing in the wind lands straight so these comments are bound to be somewhat off the mark too.

As for Rachel falling for her on set co stars the woman is 40 and she’s been with Darren for 9 years and I think you can count on one hand the number of men she’s dated so the finger wagging is a trifle overdone in an age when one night stands is the norm. How many of us can attest to having a relationship/marriage last as long.

Rachel and Daniel have known each other for around six years, so he’s not seeing some bint, and don’t most lasting relationships stem from being friends before lovers. Whether Rachel and Daniel lasts a week, 3, 6, 9 12 months or a lifetime I wish them both well.
I very much like all that you said here. Wish I could be that articulate. :)
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

After all this time avoiding or tolerating the paps I don't think he would be courting them now . I would hope if he floats both ways he would say so and not "stage" photo opps .
calypso

Post by calypso »

Interesting old excerpt regarding press and high profile relationship after long term one with heike:

"So perhaps he's not to be envied after all. Certainly there have been times in Craig's recent life few of us would find quite so appealing. Take, for instance, the short-lived but endlessly recounted relationship with serial flingstress Kate Moss.

"I don't regret it at all," says Craig between mouthfuls of margherita with extra chorizo in his neighbourhood pizzeria in northwest London. "I regret that what happened had to do with a messy part of my life [Craig had recently separated from his long-term girlfriend, actress Heike Makatsch, when he and Moss were first spotted together]. And to get publicity with something like that is unfair on the people in your life. But I've learned from it. I used to think the press was a necessary evil and now I don't think it is. I think it's something you choose. My personal life is totally my personal life and I'll cling to that as aggressively as I can. And touch wood, with the thing with Kate or whatever, I think I've maintained a little of that, and if I can keep maintaining it, then I will."

Was he shocked by the interest the relationship stirred up at the time?

"Look, I'm not stupid, I read heat. It happens all the time. So, when it happened to me it wasn't a surprise. But it was incredibly disturbing. I can't imagine anyone enjoying it, and if they do, then I find that quite peculiar."

But there must have been a positive outcome of all that press surveillance. It must have helped raise his profile if nothing else..."
Full interview here:
http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/men-of-the ... f-the-year
ImageImage
dolphin100

Post by dolphin100 »

Regardless of my reservations I love Dan. He's a great actor, compassionate giver, and a hot piece of ass! :twisted: I'm going to let this situation play out (as someone suggested earlier) because I don't know what went on. What I do know is that I really do hope he's happy and I still think he's a good guy.

Now back to the photo gallery for some hot shots!! Its getting a little slow in there. Come on people I need pictures to lust over!!!! :D
Ingrid72

Post by Ingrid72 »

Oops
Last edited by Ingrid72 on Tue May 03, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
calypso

Post by calypso »

Ingrid72 wrote:Thank you for the great photos.

I gues RW and Sat both have one thing in common that will be the red finger nails :wink: :wink: :wink:
and she probably had red toenails too. all smooth and ready.
:twisted:

oh i wish i her
ImageImage
Ingrid72

Post by Ingrid72 »

Oops
Last edited by Ingrid72 on Tue May 03, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Looks like he bought a newspaper at Londis. Wonder what else, bread, milk, bacon, brown sauce, and ciggies?
calypso

Post by calypso »

bumblebee wrote:Looks like he bought a newspaper at Londis. Wonder what else, bread, milk, bacon, brown sauce, and ciggies?
Whipped Cream? :lol:
ImageImage
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

naaaa, Daddy's sauce :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
BondBabe2008

Post by BondBabe2008 »

calypso wrote:
bumblebee wrote:Looks like he bought a newspaper at Londis. Wonder what else, bread, milk, bacon, brown sauce, and ciggies?
Whipped Cream? :lol:
Also aren't you forgetting the Strawberries :lol: