Dream House - news and tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

calypso wrote:
sasha wrote:This quote is great, but the rest is very-very painful to read.

http://www.thestar.com/article/1069563- ... ream-house
Craig remained a trouper through it all. The man who plays 007 was neither shaken nor stirred by Sheridan’s shenanigans.

“He’s a sweetheart, he really is, just the sweetest guy. Very approachable. Whenever they’d call ‘cut!’ and we had a break or reset, he’d dash back to his Winnebago. But he was very approachable, he had a great sense of humour and was really, really nice to his fellow actors.”
to do what? :twisted:
:rotfl:
Anybody notice where Rachel went? :mrgreen:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
sasha

Post by sasha »

sasha wrote:The next project of David Loucka - the screenplay writer of DH is a "House at the End of the Street" with description:"A mother and daughter move to a new town and find themselves living next door to a house where a young girl murdered her parents. When the daughter befriends the surviving son, she learns the story is far from over." The movie will be out next year.

Sounds like deja vu, but it's interesting what is his script looks like (hopefully) unchanged.
And the budget only $7,000,000 :brood:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sasha wrote:
sasha wrote:The next project of David Loucka - the screenplay writer of DH is a "House at the End of the Street" with description:"A mother and daughter move to a new town and find themselves living next door to a house where a young girl murdered her parents. When the daughter befriends the surviving son, she learns the story is far from over." The movie will be out next year.

Sounds like deja vu, but it's interesting what is his script looks like (hopefully) unchanged.
How I see it, DL is not really a nigh class writer and I was wondering from the beginning, why they would go with a script of him. He seemed an odd choice among all those first rate stars - director, photographer etc...he hadn't done anything listed after 2002 before DH.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sasha

Post by sasha »

Germangirl wrote:
sasha wrote:

How I see it, DL is not really a nigh class writer and I was wondering from the beginning, why they would go with a script of him. He seemed an odd choice among all those first rate stars - director, photographer etc...he hadn't done anything listed after 2002 before DH.
You are right, he is from the different league, but I liked the main idea (the psychological twist) in DH very much, and his new project sounds very similar - I wonder if it could provide some insight in what DH might have been, if it wouldn't be cut so severely.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Maybe its tough to bring out something new at all in this sort of genre. Its all been there already and that was exactly the reaction from early on...meh - we have seen it all, why do it all over again? I never had a good feeling about this film.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I'm with Sasha on this one. I LOVE a good psychological thriller, but they must be hard to pull off in a two-hour timeframe or something because there sure aren't very many. I still liked 'Dream House' a lot, but I wonder what must be wrong with me because it was such a huge critical flop. It's too bad it wasn't better and didn't become another 'Sixth Sense.'
Last edited by sf2la on Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:I'm with Sasha on this one. I LOVE a good psychological thriller, but they must be hard to pull off in a two-hour timeframe or something because there sure aren't very many. I still liked 'Dream House' a lot, but I wonder what must be wrong with me because it was such a hugely critical flop. It's too bad it wasn't better and didn't become another 'Sixth Sense.'
From what I read and know, this is not exactly unknown to cinematography. Many tried it and a mix of thriller, horror and supernatural has been posed upon us for many years. Good and bad. But for this, I think, once the critics have made up their minds, there is no fair game anymore. Its not half as bad as many claim it to be. I liked it, too and gonna watch it many times.

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:
sf2la wrote:I'm with Sasha on this one. I LOVE a good psychological thriller, but they must be hard to pull off in a two-hour timeframe or something because there sure aren't very many. I still liked 'Dream House' a lot, but I wonder what must be wrong with me because it was such a hugely critical flop. It's too bad it wasn't better and didn't become another 'Sixth Sense.'
From what I read and know, this is not exactly unknown to cinematography. Many tried it and a mix of thriller, horror and supernatural has been posed upon us for many years. Good and bad. But for this, I think, once the critics have made up their minds, there is no fair game anymore. Its not half as bad as many claim it to be. I liked it, too and gonna watch it many times.
Shock - the movie is still in the theaters. They get yanked on Thursday night if they're going to get yanked. I had better go today or tomorrow; it's hard to imagine it lasting another week. I'm more anxious to see it on DVD though. It is SUCH a good thing that we no longer have VHS tape. Remember if you paused for too long, you would ruin the tape? LOL!!! That technology and Daniel's body and voice just don't go together. I hope the big make-out scene is in the 'deleted scenes.'
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

sf2la wrote:Shock - the movie is still in the theaters. They get yanked on Thursday night if they're going to get yanked. I had better go today or tomorrow; it's hard to imagine it lasting another week. I'm more anxious to see it on DVD though. It is SUCH a good thing that we no longer have VHS tape. Remember if you paused for too long, you would ruin the tape? LOL!!! That technology and Daniel's body and voice just don't go together. I hope the big make-out scene is in the 'deleted scenes.'
Yup.......my tapes from the early/mid 90s are almost completely unplayable for that reason! :lol:

I don't know why I keep them other than sentimental reasons. I just can't bring myself to part with them. :roll: :oops:
caramel

Post by caramel »

sf2la wrote: Shock - the movie is still in the theaters. They get yanked on Thursday night if they're going to get yanked. I had better go today or tomorrow; it's hard to imagine it lasting another week. I'm more anxious to see it on DVD though. It is SUCH a good thing that we no longer have VHS tape. Remember if you paused for too long, you would ruin the tape? LOL!!! That technology and Daniel's body and voice just don't go together. I hope the big make-out scene is in the 'deleted scenes.'
My thoughts exactly. It is no longer playing matinee shows near my neighborhood, closest is WC. I plan on watching it again tomorrow or the day after :happyrunning:

yes I am all for DVD with the deleted and extended scenes too.
caramel

Post by caramel »

mailreturns Tim Craig
Dream House review: geeksofdoom.com/2011/10/19/mov… Daniel Craig Rachel Weisz
10 minutes ago
http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2011/10/19/m ... eam-house/

I remember liking this review.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

anybody in need of a Daniel smelling jacket? :twisted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... rid=229466

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:anybody in need of a Daniel smelling jacket? :twisted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... rid=229466
Hey Dunda, we split the costs and change every 2 weeks :twisted:

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

The pic showing him wearing the jacket says Will drives Ann to meet Greeley'. THAT scene got cut.

The item might sell for more if they showed the photo of him and Rachel making out :wink: ,
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

sf2la wrote:The pic showing him wearing the jacket says Will drives Ann to meet Greeley'. THAT scene got cut.

The item might sell for more if they showed the photo of him and Rachel making out :wink: ,
How do we really know it's really the same jacket?