Broadway discussion turned into "Bye,Bye ASR"

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I did wonder how much of the joys of the experience for those who saw Daniel in ASR would be mingled with sadness. How can anything top this and how do you go on with the other stuff having gotten so close? It would preoccupy me and I don't think I could actually do that to myself, silly as it sounds. But it's been a joy to see the happiness and sheer excitement you all lucky ones have experienced!
Rayfan

Post by Rayfan »

Yup - it's all been SO surreal. My five days in NYC were amazing - great fun with my sisters but also the opportunity of a lifetime to see Daniel on stage doing what he loves to do and be able to make eye contact and shake his hand. It's just bizarre to be back home and think that it wasn't all just a dream.
I remember seeing Hugh on TV in the summer saying that the rumours were true, he and Daniel were going to be on Broadway, and from that point on this site was THE source of info - everyone was so helpful! I felt very well-informed in NYC thanks to DtD. I hope they take ASR to London and all the fans over there can be on the receiving end!
Since I've been back it's been elation mixed with a healthy dose of deflation - but if anything I'm more hooked than ever before. Spent some time this weekend looking at a thread where the pics were screenshots of his love scenes!! :shock: :D And I watched Sword of Honour and Power of One - both amazing! Like an addict getting a fix..... :wink: So glad to be in good company...

LOVE the "where's my f***ing puppy?" t-shirt - hilarious!!

Can't WAIT to see the clean shaven face!!
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

bumblebee wrote:I did wonder how much of the joys of the experience for those who saw Daniel in ASR would be mingled with sadness. How can anything top this and how do you go on with the other stuff having gotten so close? It would preoccupy me and I don't think I could actually do that to myself, silly as it sounds. But it's been a joy to see the happiness and sheer excitement you all lucky ones have experienced!
For me, I guess it's really a relief that it's over. He's the first 'crush' I've had as an adult, and I've been an adult for a long time. I had thought serious crushes were just for kids, teenagers, etc. SO, I ask myself, "Why me? Why him? Why now?" Many people have an interest in several celebs (or none for me before Daniel), but I'm baffled as to why after all this time, it's HIM, and only him that I care to follow (literally, too :wink: ) . A lot of people think Daniel is hot, but they don't join forum or fan sites. Before CR, I would have bet anything that I would never do such a thing - who/what could cause me to do that??? But, since we're here, we know the answer to that one...And thankfully we have each other!

That said, because my interest (although this is also like a hobby - it takes as much time!!) in a celeb is a very strange thing, to see him in person was just something I had to do since it was actually possible. He was different looking than what I imagined, mostly because of the Joey character. However, as the months passed and that mustache got trimmed down a lot, well you know... :lol: And the hair got sexy, IMO. The Daniel voice turned out to pretty much blow me away - I guess just to hear it in person. He is shorter than I expected. I knew he wasn't 6 feet, but I wasn't thinking about his height when I first saw him - it just sort of surprised me for a second. The height (I'd swear he's 5'10") isn't a negative for me at all; it just seems short for James Bond. We are really lucky that Babs didn't care because they have been able to pull off 'whatever' to make him as tall as any James Bond needs to be. His body is better than I expected (you could bounce a quarter off any inch of it), the eye color - as expected, and the personality with fans was surprisingly better than expected because I'm sure he disliked doing the stage door after every show, but he was very, very tolerant (maybe a big 'thanks' goes to Hugh?)

Anyway, how many times does it take to get enough of him in person? I don't know the answer to that. For me, once wasn't enough, but you can't set up camp at the stage door either. There is a point where enough is enough - I mean, he's certainly not going to invite any fans into his inner circle. For me, it's time to close out this chapter. I did get a big hug and a kiss on the cheek from him, scruff burn included, which was a schoolgirl thrill. Afterward, I left a message on a friend's voicemail to tell her, and she called the next day to tell me that she was saving my message because if I ever get depressed, she is going to play it back for me - I sounded high on the Daniel drug. Ha!! But for me, I am anxious to get back to stuff I need to tend to at home (house, friends, chores, XMAS, chores, everything). Time for me to move on and hope for some shirtless pics over XMAS!!! It's not nice of him to hide that body from us all.

But just to make it clear, I feel very fortunate that I was able to see him several times AND get to experience NYC - a thrill in itself. My feelings for him as The MAN haven't changed, except that I now have a total appreciation/respect for his acting abilities (before, maybe his presence just overshadowed the acting for me). He's a fortunate guy to have had such a success at a relatively late stage in an actor's career. What an incredible life he now leads.

I'm writing this from the plane from JFK to home. Gotta love wifi in the air! Maybe I'll feel differently when I land...

And I've changed my official home address to the DtD Naughty Corner :twisted: :lol:
Firstsupergirl

Post by Firstsupergirl »

sfla, thanks for your 'final' review and for all your other reports...you've been a pioneer for the ASR experience for all of us! :D
trueblue

Post by trueblue »

A big thanks to all the ladies who shared their ASR experience with us here and for all the wonderful reports,pics and vids! :D
Linda

Post by Linda »

I certainly enjoyed my experience seeing Daniel on stage and the whole NYC trip. Once in a lifetime experience. While writing my Christmas lettes to family and friends I have to stop myself from saying the high light of the year was seeing Daniel in the flesh. I only say, our trip to NYC was wondering, and by the way happened to see DC in a Boardway play. So sad it is over. What a ride! :lol:
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

trueblue wrote:A big thanks to all the ladies who shared their ASR experience with us here and for all the wonderful reports,pics and vids! :D

Ditto, and I hope we still hear from them now that it is over .
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

It was the most magical time ever. I will never forget the expierence, the anticipation of going to see Daniel in person.
We were all brought together by a common thread and I think it has brought us all closer.
Remember when we were all going crazy surfing the internet for a picture or anything. Then when it broke loose I said fasten your seat belts, its going to be a wild ride and that it was.
BYE BYE ASR... You will live on forever in our hearts and minds.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

..and the Fundraiser really was the icing on the cake of this success. What a wonderful way to end this run - being acclaimed for both - their acting and their generosity and willingness to put themselves up there and raise the money no matter what.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl wrote:..and the Fundraiser really was the icing on the cake of this success. What a wonderful way to end this run - being acclaimed for both - their acting and their generosity and willingness to put themselves up there and raise the money no matter what.
Daniel has left Broadway with some strong and warm memories of him - I think the next time he goes there he will be welcomed back with open arms the way that Hugh was welcomed back this time.

For all the reasons you said, he truly has conquered Broadway.

tbossmc2000 wrote:It was the most magical time ever. I will never forget the expierence, the anticipation of going to see Daniel in person.
We were all brought together by a common thread and I think it has brought us all closer.
Remember when we were all going crazy surfing the internet for a picture or anything. Then when it broke loose I said fasten your seat belts, its going to be a wild ride and that it was.
BYE BYE ASR... You will live on forever in our hearts and minds.
This is so true and it was a wonderful time for some new people to join DtD. Lots going on with Daniel, lots of excitement and discussion helped people to feel at home here I think. As Cal is fond of saying "we are family, yes?" :D

sf2la wrote:................................................................

And I've changed my official home address to the DtD Naughty Corner :twisted: :lol:
Welcome home from your wanderings 'sf'. :lol: Your Daniel clones have been waiting patiently for your return. :wink:

Your suite is ready and the Christmas decorations are up in the community lounge, mince pies and mulled wine on tap.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

JEC57 wrote:the Christmas decorations are up in the community lounge, mince pies and mulled wine on tap.
I would love this to be true - a place to actually go, have DC and non DC reraletd chats and just meet - get drunk once in a while :lol: and have a good time, before going home...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:
JEC57 wrote:the Christmas decorations are up in the community lounge, mince pies and mulled wine on tap.
I would love this to be true - a place to actually go, have DC and non DC reraletd chats and just meet - get drunk once in a while :lol: and have a good time, before going home...
What a great screenplay this would all make. We should commission Lu to tell the DtD story - vignettes of everyone's lives and how they all become entangled and enlivened on a little www place called DtD! Closing scene - is GG's reality - something to warm the cockles at Christmas - the way the last scene of Love Actually brings all the characters together.
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

bumblebee wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
What a great screenplay this would all make. We should commission Lu to tell the DtD story - vignettes of everyone's lives and how they all become entangled and enlivened on a little www place called DtD! Closing scene - is GG's reality - something to warm the cockles at Christmas - the way the last scene of Love Actually brings all the characters together.

I love your idea BB - that would be a wonderful story :D
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

How about this? Looks quite cozy...

sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »