Broadway discussion turned into "Bye,Bye ASR"

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Jude Law bringing Hamlet to Braodway in September - uh oh, some competition for Danugh.
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

Seriously? Now I'm going to have to see two shows instead of one...my wallet's gonna hurt :roll:
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Zibzabzut wrote:Seriously? Now I'm going to have to see two shows instead of one...my wallet's gonna hurt :roll:
http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/07/01 ... -broadway/
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

bumblebee wrote:
Zibzabzut wrote:Seriously? Now I'm going to have to see two shows instead of one...my wallet's gonna hurt :roll:
Here's a similar story from the BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8128180.stm
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Miss-Meow wrote:
bumblebee wrote:
Here's a similar story from the BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8128180.stm
I read that, too and think it's good, but he has no chance :twisted: :lol:.
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

For anyone interested Jude Law's Hamlet is having pre-sale on tickets if you go to telecharge.com and choose the NYC-Broadway and Broadhurst theatre venue. They have tickets as cheap as $25-30 for mezzanine seating, which is a steal considering there other ticket prices are around $116 :shock: (and I have a feeling this is going to be the price range for DC and Hugh's show).

But hopefully pretty soon they'll make an official announcement on what theatre they'll be using and the when the play opens. I heard a rumour that it may be at The Schoenfeld theatre but I'll wait for the announcement before I jump the gun. That's when people can start booking! :D
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

Dunda wrote:I'm a bit afraid that will give away the date when I'm off for holiday and have no access to the net
I'm like you Dunda. Will have no access to the net from Sunday until the following Tuesday. I really hope they don't announce the dates while I'm away.

Not sure I'll be able to get to NY, but don't want to miss the announcement just in case I can afford to go!!
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

Anglophile

Re: A steady rain

Post by Anglophile »

tbossmc2000 wrote:I am new to the forum and woudl like to introduce myself.
I live in the US and will go see Daniel Criag in the New York play at almost any cost.
Any word on when dates will be released?
Can't wait!!!
Welcome to the forum, you lucky beggar! Wish I could go!
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

tboss - I moved you to this thread for further discussion of all Broadway related stuff - but thanks for pointing it out. Yes, it is f***ing exciting :mrgreen:
tbossmc2000 wrote:The dates have been announced. I don't see where tickets are on sale yet. They will go for about $130.00.
OMG Please forgive me, I just saw this on commanderbond.net and got so excited I can't think straight.

Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman set for Broadway
1 day ago

NEW YORK (AP) — James Bond and the Boy from Oz are coming to Broadway.

Daniel Craig, the latest cinematic Bond, and Tony winner Hugh Jackman will star in "A Steady Rain," which opens Sept. 29 at the Gerald Schoenfeld (SHOWN'-felled) Theatre. Previews begin Sept. 10 for a 12-week engagement.

"A Steady Rain" — Keith Huff's play about a pair of Chicago policemen — was a big hit in Chicago, where it received rave reviews two years ago.

Jackman won a Tony for his portrayal of Peter Allen in "The Boy From Oz." It will be Craig's Broadway debut.
Last edited by Germangirl on Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

togal wrote:tickets will be available for purchase june 11 on the telecharge website. http://www.telecharge.com/BehindTheCurt ... reShowInfo
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

GOOD LUCK TO THE AMERICANS

who try their luck today!
ImageImageImage

togal

Post by togal »

yay my hubby said he would take me to see the show for my birthday. :D i got 2 tickets. my head was spinning during the ticket buying process because i was assigned tickets for a certain date but then realised at the last minute my parents were unable to take care of the kids that weekend. then i had to search for a new set of tickets. in the end, everything worked out smoothly. now i need to look for transportation and hotel. gaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

togal wrote:yay my hubby said he would take me to see the show for my birthday. :D i got 2 tickets. my head was spinning during the ticket buying process because i was assigned tickets for a certain date but then realised at the last minute my parents were unable to take care of the kids that weekend. then i had to search for a new set of tickets. in the end, everything worked out smoothly. now i need to look for transportation and hotel. gaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.
Hey, that's great news.

And they are assigning dates? ok, food for thought.
Crazy!
tbossmc2000

what date do you have

Post by tbossmc2000 »

togal, what is the date you are going?
I was so shaken I couldn't believe it was really happening. I am going Nov 6th good seat up front and a cheap seat Nov7th
I am pinching myself. :lol:
PAMELA BRAMMER

Broadway discussing thread

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

OMG, I cant believe it. I have managed to get a ticket for Sat 17 October (14 rows from the front). Now all I have to do is get a flight and hotel. Hopefully will do that tomorrow or early next week.

Pam x :D :D
Never regret anything that makes you smile!