JACKMAN, CRAIG TO TAKE B'WAY BY STORM

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

calypso

Post by calypso »

JEC57 wrote:
calypso wrote:
JEC57 wrote:I've put this here in case anyone is in NY for ASR and also gets a chance to see this too (will add to News Tidbits too). Daniel is making the most of his stay in NY!! :D I wonder what he will be doing??? :shock:

Daniel Craig, Mike Nichols, Will Swenson, et. al. Join Meryl Streep and Kevin Kline for Public's Courage in Concert

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york/ne ... 21315.html
The concert will use songs and poems from the 2006 Shakespeare in the Park production of Bertolt Brecht's Mother Courage and Her Children
But which bit will Daniel be doing?
one of her children?
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

It will very likely be a poem he will be reading. :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

icelemt38

Post by icelemt38 »

I don't know where to put this but it's a long interview with Hugh done by Katie Couric and for the first 15-20 minutes, he talks about ASR and has LOTS of nice things to say about Daniel. Move it anywhere need be but from the sounds of it, Hugh and Daniel are going to be life long friends!

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/katieco ... 4423.shtml
Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

Such a great video! I love hearing Hugh talk! And I love that they are gonna be "BFF's"! They seem to be loving hanging around each other!

Wow I used 'love' a lot in this post... :P
icelemt38

Post by icelemt38 »

Wasn't it so sweet when Hugh said "I'd take the bullet for that guy!", I love that they're going to be great friends for the rest of their lives. And I gotta say I am beyond excited for the prospects of ASR movie, there's soooo much potential in that.
Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

icelemt38 wrote:Wasn't it so sweet when Hugh said "I'd take the bullet for that guy!", I love that they're going to be great friends for the rest of their lives. And I gotta say I am beyond excited for the prospects of ASR movie, there's soooo much potential in that.
I totally gushed at that part! That was such a nice thing to say!

And I hope they make SOME movie together! More than just ASR! ;)
trueblue

Post by trueblue »

That's a very nice interview!Thanks for sharing! :D
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

I loved that interview! I wish DC would do one like that. But i can't imagine him doing it. Maybe Hugh will teach him how.
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Great interview :D
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Liev Schrieber and Naomi Watts miss Hugh Jackman's 'A Steady Rain' premiere with late arrival

Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts were too late for showtime at the premiere of 'A Steady Rain,' starring Schreiber's 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' co-star Hugh Jackman. Related NewsArticlesJackman, Craig burn, but 'Rain' cools the fireHugh Jackman, Daniel Craig take BroadwayLiev Schreiber and Naomi Watts were more than just fashionably late to the Broadway premiere of Hugh Jackman's "A Steady Rain." The gorgeous twosome rolled up to the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre after the doors had been shut.

But Schreiber meant no disrespect to his "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" co-star - he'd simply mistaken the show's 6:30 p.m. curtain time. Noticing the paparazzi had already packed up, he turned to his ladylove and asked, "Are we late?"

At least Jackman's wife, Deborra-Lee Furness, was on time, sans jitters about her hubby's opening night. "If Hugh's nervous, I'm nervous. But he's not nervous tonight!" she proclaimed. "At the Oscars, I held my breath. But that was a big crowd."

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/ ... th_la.html
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://guestofaguest.com/calendar/2009/ ... e-benefit/

American Cancer Society Annual Fall Theatre Benefit
When Wed, October 7, 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Where Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre , Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre , New York, NY (map)
Admission Ticketed Event
Description
-�A STEADY RAIN,-� featuring the amazing duo of stage and screen giants Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig, will be the featured Broadway show for the American Cancer Society\'s annual Fall Theatre Benefit scheduled for Wednesday, October 7, 2009. Pre-theatre dinner will be at Sardi-�s at 6:00 PM followed by the performance at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre at 8:00 PM. Tickets for this show and pre-theatre dinner are as follows $1,500, $1,000, $750 and $500. Please contact Luis Valero 212-237-3888 or Luis.valero@cancer.org for tickets. Time: Dinner at Sardi-�s at 6:00 PM followed by the performance at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre at 8:00 PM.

i steal from basura website. :twisted:
ImageImage
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

I like the idea that they do some charity with the play as well :D
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

That sucks that they couldn't see the show, hopefully they'll be able to in the future though :cry:
calypso

Post by calypso »

'Rain' sets another Broadway record

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800 ... Id=15&cs=1

New-season momentum kicked up a notch on Broadway last week as box office jumped 15% to $20,633,375, with almost every show on the boards posting at least modest gains.

Having already established a new high for weekly gross of a non-musical production, "A Steady Rain" topped that achievement with another record in its best week yet. Powerhouse pair Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman pulled in $1,276,106 for the cop drama, whose whopping average ticket price of $147 suggests a lot of premium seats are being sold. The play landed in the No. 4 spot, behind perennial champs "Wicked," "Billy Elliot" and "The Lion King."

Despite mixed reviews, London import "Hamlet," starring Jude Law, climbed 14% to $710,225, a promising result for a session that included the comp-heavy opening night and two post-opening press shows. Reports coming out of the Broadhurst Theater indicate a younger-than-usual audience for Shakespeare, with many believed to be encountering the depressed Dane for the first time.

i steal :twisted:
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

calypso wrote:'Rain' sets another Broadway record

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800 ... Id=15&cs=1

New-season momentum kicked up a notch on Broadway last week as box office jumped 15% to $20,633,375, with almost every show on the boards posting at least modest gains.

Having already established a new high for weekly gross of a non-musical production, "A Steady Rain" topped that achievement with another record in its best week yet. Powerhouse pair Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman pulled in $1,276,106 for the cop drama, whose whopping average ticket price of $147 suggests a lot of premium seats are being sold. The play landed in the No. 4 spot, behind perennial champs "Wicked," "Billy Elliot" and "The Lion King."

i steal :twisted:
Go on stealing, Cal - nothing wrong with that - we know its mutual doings.

I find that amazing. They were down to 5 at a time. This indicates, that word of mouth is so strong. Them doing all the signing helps furthermore, I´d say to keep people interested. Its also the highest average tickets price. That people are willing to pay high prices like this in these times really says a lot about the reception of the play/the actors. Like we said at the beginning "Schnuckel cost more" :lol:

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/13 ... _Oct._5-11
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..