JACKMAN, CRAIG TO TAKE B'WAY BY STORM

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

sf2la wrote:Yeah, that's Hugh's scribble on top and overlapping Dan's DC. Hmpf....
Hey, there's Dan's DNA on that thing because he held the bottom of it. Maybe we can clone one of him for all of us :lol: :lol:

I captured a great video of Hugh. Rats! Dan's not so great...I'll try again though...
You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I think its save to say, that right now, you are our heroine, sf2la. Your reports are just brilliant and give everybody the opportunity to dive into that experience. Thanks for that and yes, a good vid from the man would be nice :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:I think its save to say, that right now, you are our heroine, sf2la. Your reports are just brilliant and give everybody the opportunity to dive into that experience. Thanks for that and yes, a good vid from the man would be nice :wink:
Oh, I don't think that. I just happen to be the one who showed up first. And I know I'd want to know as much of the trivia stuff possible if I weren't there. Amazing that I have a great video of Hugh and not Dan. I have an o-k-a-y one of Dan, but it's my objective to get a good one before I leave on the 17th!!! And I have a video of Sats walking away from the door. It shows her profile. I will upload tomorrow. I am too tired again - it's 2:40 am.....zzzz
trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Hey, there's Dan's DNA on that thing because he held the bottom of it. Maybe we can clone one of him for all of us
:lol: Yes,please! :lol:

sf2la,enjoy the rest of your trip,have fun and even more Dan! :D :P
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

Germangirl wrote:I think its save to say, that right now, you are our heroine, sf2la. Your reports are just brilliant and give everybody the opportunity to dive into that experience. Thanks for that and yes, a good vid from the man would be nice :wink:
:D :D :D :D :D I am so happy (could dance around the table :wink: ) that I can take part, thank you sooooooooo much, dear sf2la. I am soaking up every single WORD from you!!!!!! I am looking forward to...everything you like to show and tell and share.
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Wow, cool that you got both Hugh and Dan's autographs.
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

That's absolutely amazing :shock:. You lucky, lucky, lucky girl :D :wink:. Please pm me for telling more :wink:.
catherinep

Post by catherinep »

Great news, sf2la! I'm so happy for you! :D
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

You lucky girl, sf2la :D :D
Look forward to reading some more about your "adventures" :wink:
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

sf2la wrote:Yeah, that's Hugh's scribble on top and overlapping Dan's DC. Hmpf....
Hey, there's Dan's DNA on that thing because he held the bottom of it. Maybe we can clone one of him for all of us :lol: :lol:

I captured a great video of Hugh. Rats! Dan's not so great...I'll try again though...
You are too good to us , I'm so glad you joined the board .
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.northjersey.com/arts_enterta ... ctors.html

This is the story of how a little-known writer named Keith Huff, who'd never before been within sniffing distance of Broadway, came to have the season's most anticipated play, because film stars Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig decided to do it.

"It's surreal," said Huff. "I don't want to pinch myself; I'm afraid I'll wake up and find it's all a dream.

Huff, who is soft-spoken, bald and wears glasses — he looks like a writer — has been working in Chicago theater for 25 years. It's been the kind of career that requires a day job — he's worked as managing editor of a medical Web site.

"I thought that if I could just get my plays done in regional theaters, that would be success," he said.

But "A Steady Rain" changed all that.

It's a 90-minute, one-act drama about two cops, lifelong friends, whose response to a seemingly routine domestic-abuse call changes their lives forever.

"I married into a Chicago police family," said Huff, explaining that his father-in-law and brother-in-law were on the force.

"I became fascinated with that world, how being cops drove the arguments men would have, how institutionalized corruption is."

The play debuted in Chicago in 2007 and got terrific reviews. Soon New York producers were coming around, a situation Huff credits to fellow Chicago playwright Tracy Letts.

Although Chicago has long been a major theater city, Huff said Broadway producers' interest really jumped after the 2007 journey of Letts' "August: Osage County," which went from Chicago to New York and won enthusiastic reviews, a Tony and a Pulitzer Prize.

What came next for Huff only happens in fairy tales.

Nothing definitive resulted from the producers' visits, but a scenic-designer friend, a fan of the play, was walking down the street in New York one day when he ran into a producer he knew, Raymond Gaspard.

He mentioned "A Steady Rain," and then gave Gaspard a copy of the script, which he just happened to have with him.

"It was pretty serendipitous," Huff understated.

Gaspard showed the play to another producer, Frank Gero, who optioned it, with the idea of doing it off-Broadway.

And then another producer, Frederick Zollo, came onboard. As the former husband of Barbara Broccoli, the producer of the James Bond films, Zollo happened to know the actor who plays 007, Craig.

"Daniel told him he was looking for a play to do with Cate Blanchett, and asked if he had anything,"
said Huff. "Fred said he didn't, but he gave him 'A Steady Rain,' just to show Daniel the kind of plays he likes to produce.

"Daniel read it and said he wanted to do it."

That meant goodbye to off-Broadway.

The next plan was to do the play in London's West End, staged by British director John Crowley. With a tight schedule, Crowley had said he couldn't come to New York to launch the drama. But then the script was sent to Jackman — who had a major personal triumph on Broadway in 2003 with "The Boy From Oz" — with an offer of the part of the second cop.

"Hugh had recently moved to New York; he wanted to set down roots for his family," Huff said. "Very quickly, he said he wanted to do the play, on Broadway."

With two dynamite stars, Crowley decided that he could adjust his schedule and come to New York after all.

Watching the actors rehearse — they went to Chicago for a day to hang out with cops and listen to Chicago accents — has been a great experience, Huff said.

"They had only known each other socially, but they have a wonderful chemistry, and they're great to work with," he said.

"For me, it's sort of like being in 'The Twilight Zone.' I'm sitting at the [rehearsal] table with Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig."

As for his feeling about being on Broadway, Huff recalled that a friend once told him that, for writers, "there's got to be an Emerald City, something to reach toward."

"Very few people make a living being playwrights, so Broadway has always been there as a goal to aspire to," he said.
ImageImage
007Mania

Post by 007Mania »

trueblue wrote:
Hey, there's Dan's DNA on that thing because he held the bottom of it. Maybe we can clone one of him for all of us
:lol: Yes,please! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good idea!!! :mrgreen:

sf2la, could you put me in your pm mailing list, too, please? :)
Oh, Mr. Bond!
Image Image

"Nur du und ich... und 400 Papageien."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The boy is having a good time :D

http://origin.www.style.com/peopleparti ... oom_Party/

livefashionweek James Bond's Daniel Craig just arrived to the Boom Boom Room at the Standard Hotel #nyfw

We are just days away from the beginning of Fashion Week, which means we are just days away from the opening of the Standard's roof top bar, the Boom Boom Room. The space, towering high above the High Line park, is certainly one of the most anticipated openings to hit New York in a long time. According to our Little Birdy, the Boom Boom Room is jaw-droppingly awesome, with floor to ceiling windows offering magnificent views in every direction. But the kicker is the portions of the room that have glass floors, offering views 18 stories down to the ground. Hope that doesn't make you too jumpy. The festivities kick off Saturday night with a private party and then Purple Magazine takes over on Sunday for what is sure to be a wild fiesta. Boom Boom!
http://www.downbythehipster.com/blog/20 ... -room.html
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Thelma

Post by Thelma »

Thank you sf2la for sharing your story! I'm really happy for youImage
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Great story sf2la! Huge thanks! :!:

And really happy to know that Dan wants to work with Cate. It would be amazing !