News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

redluna

Post by redluna »

Dunda wrote:Hi Ladies,

Sharmaine has just send me a mail and ask me to put up this article:

she has caught a virus on her comp and can't get rid of it easily, so it may be possible that she's not online for a few days :(
Thanks Dunda! I've asked myself yesterday where Shar is, haven't 'seen' her for a few days. Hope she could solve the problem very fast!!!!
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I don't know if any of the UK based fans were aware of this, but Gmtv had a very short interview with Daniel about QOS yesterday. The Gmtv website did have an 'exclusive' clip of QOS but I'm not sure if it's still there. The interview had Danny in sunglasses and dark blue shirt talking about where they are with filming and what the audience can expect. There was no talk of anything we didn't already know but it was nice to see him looking so well - as if we'd ever expect anything less!!

Gmtv's Los Angeles based correspondent, Carla Romano, then said that Daniel intended to 'take a long holiday' after filming was complete to get married and have kids. She then proceeded to complain about him not being single because she thought he is gorgeous. (Get to the back of the queue, is what I say!) I also then proceeded to panic a bit. Could there be no new Danny movies in 2009???!!! I'll go spare!! :evil: Bond 23 will not be scheduled until 2010 and I cannot imagine that Daniel won't want to 'keep his hand in' the small independents. I suppose it's still just a rumour but news of him getting married is well publicized.

I gotta get a regular Daniel Fix or I think you might have to send for the men in white coats!!! :roll: :)
cedgerly

Post by cedgerly »

For such a workaholic like Daniel, the fact there does not appear to be anything even "pre-production" on his schedule (you can't really count I, Lucifer anymore) after QoS wraps, pretty much confirmed the marriage rumors for me.
Lu

Post by Lu »

I thought he had mentioned too in some interview recently about not finding any scripts recently that floated his boat. Something about no good scripts piling up? He is so picky about what he does...it will probably take something good to get him back to work, he is loaded from 007 contracts so he can pick and choose and take off as much time as he likes.

I expect he will not rest for long though. He doesn't seem the type. He'll be active in something, even if it's charity work or some projects with his arty friends or whatever.
My books!

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

ad78472 wrote:Daniel Craig really isn’t homophobic
By Johann Hari

Errrr… I just need to clarify something. About once every two or three weeks, I get a phone-call from one American journalist or another, asking me to “talk publicly” about “Daniel Craig’s homophobic assault” on me. Yes, that’s Daniel ‘007’ Bond, he of the blue trunks, a man who leaves us all shaken and a little stirred. “You need to talk out!” they cry. “For all gay people!”

They have got it into their heads that Craig “attacked” me at the BAFTAs last year because I’m gay. The story cropped up again in this weekend’s Independent on Sunday, where one of Craig’s friends had to defend him at length from charges of being a homophobe.

Well, here’s what happened. I was covering the BAFTA ceremony in London, and it’s not my usual patch: I’m more at home in Gaza or Congo or Darfur than the Grosvenor House. So I stumbled around making lame jokes, hoping this would prompt the stars to give me better jokes to use in my piece. When I curtseyed to Helen Mirren, she smiled and said, “Arise, my child.” I walked up to Forrest Whittaker – who had just won the BAFTA for playing Idi Amin – and said, “Mr Amin, it’s great you’ve won a BAFTA, but the way you treated the Ugandan Asians was appalling.” Blank-faced, he said, “No my man, you’re wrong. I’m an actor. He’s dead now.”

And then I saw Daniel Craig, who had failed to get an award earlier in the evening. I smiled nicely and said, “Mr Craig, you should have worn your blue shorts. They would have had to give you a BAFTA then.” He scowled and spat, “Oh, you’re a fucking fool!” His girlfriend then squealed “Leave it Daniel! It’s not worth it!”, like we were having a brawl outside a pub in Peterborough.

And that’s it. A slightly overheated story about it appeared the next day in the Daily Mail, and from there it spread, and spread.

I feel a bit guilty that a man who has actually been really good on gay issues – he’s played a lot of sympathetic gay characters, and supports gay causes – has been totally unfairly labelled as a homophobe, as a result of me momentarily pissing him off.

I don’t for a second think was being homophobic, and I never did; he just over-reacted to a pretty stupid (and unfunny) attempt at humour from me. Apparently he was testy later that night with Judi Dench and Helen Mirren too – far greater sins than being testy with a mouthy fat hack. I do think he was a bit of a dick, but then so was I – and I started it.

So, to summarise: he didn’t attack me; he’s not anti-gay; I’m not, not, not going on Good Morning America to “speak out” about it. And with that, my blue-trunked friend, I think it’s time to Live and Let Die.

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/openhous ... ig-re.html
Kudos to JH for having the class to write that. Image If Daniel reads it, he should apologise for the over-reaction on his part. I still don't quite believe the Judi Dench and Helen Mirren bit though, considering how he adores Judi. I think someone made that up. Being jealous like that is just too cliché to be true. :roll:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Misha

Post by Misha »

Anglophile wrote:
ad78472 wrote:Daniel Craig really isn’t homophobic
By Johann Hari

Errrr… I just need to clarify something. About once every two or three weeks, I get a phone-call from one American journalist or another, asking me to “talk publicly” about “Daniel Craig’s homophobic assault” on me. Yes, that’s Daniel ‘007’ Bond, he of the blue trunks, a man who leaves us all shaken and a little stirred. “You need to talk out!” they cry. “For all gay people!”

They have got it into their heads that Craig “attacked” me at the BAFTAs last year because I’m gay. The story cropped up again in this weekend’s Independent on Sunday, where one of Craig’s friends had to defend him at length from charges of being a homophobe.

Well, here’s what happened. I was covering the BAFTA ceremony in London, and it’s not my usual patch: I’m more at home in Gaza or Congo or Darfur than the Grosvenor House. So I stumbled around making lame jokes, hoping this would prompt the stars to give me better jokes to use in my piece. When I curtseyed to Helen Mirren, she smiled and said, “Arise, my child.” I walked up to Forrest Whittaker – who had just won the BAFTA for playing Idi Amin – and said, “Mr Amin, it’s great you’ve won a BAFTA, but the way you treated the Ugandan Asians was appalling.” Blank-faced, he said, “No my man, you’re wrong. I’m an actor. He’s dead now.”

And then I saw Daniel Craig, who had failed to get an award earlier in the evening. I smiled nicely and said, “Mr Craig, you should have worn your blue shorts. They would have had to give you a BAFTA then.” He scowled and spat, “Oh, you’re a fucking fool!” His girlfriend then squealed “Leave it Daniel! It’s not worth it!”, like we were having a brawl outside a pub in Peterborough.

And that’s it. A slightly overheated story about it appeared the next day in the Daily Mail, and from there it spread, and spread.

I feel a bit guilty that a man who has actually been really good on gay issues – he’s played a lot of sympathetic gay characters, and supports gay causes – has been totally unfairly labelled as a homophobe, as a result of me momentarily pissing him off.

I don’t for a second think was being homophobic, and I never did; he just over-reacted to a pretty stupid (and unfunny) attempt at humour from me. Apparently he was testy later that night with Judi Dench and Helen Mirren too – far greater sins than being testy with a mouthy fat hack. I do think he was a bit of a dick, but then so was I – and I started it.

So, to summarise: he didn’t attack me; he’s not anti-gay; I’m not, not, not going on Good Morning America to “speak out” about it. And with that, my blue-trunked friend, I think it’s time to Live and Let Die.

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/openhous ... ig-re.html
Kudos to JH for having the class to write that. Image If Daniel reads it, he should apologise for the over-reaction on his part. I still don't quite believe the Judi Dench and Helen Mirren bit though, considering how he adores Judi. I think someone made that up. Being jealous like that is just too cliché to be true. :roll:
Yeah, and what took him so long to "clear things up"? He took his sweet time didn't he? I'm wondering if Dame Judi and Helen Mirren were just trying to calm Daniel down along with Satsuki when they saw his overreaction and JH saw it as him being 'pissed off' at them(if it's even true).

Michelle
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Misha wrote:(if it's even true)
Yeah that's what I mean. JH doesn't say he saw it, he just says "apparently he was testy". This term usually means the reporter heard it from someone else.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

cedgerly wrote:For such a workaholic like Daniel, the fact there does not appear to be anything even "pre-production" on his schedule (you can't really count I, Lucifer anymore) after QoS wraps, pretty much confirmed the marriage rumors for me.
Sorry but I don't think so.
I mean, how long does it take to marry?
One day and then about 4 weeks honeymoon..... :wink:

So I think, the fact that there is nothing in "pre-production" is due to the fact that there have been no appealing scipts for Daniel.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Misha

Post by Misha »

Anglophile wrote:
Misha wrote:(if it's even true)
Yeah that's what I mean. JH doesn't say he saw it, he just says "apparently he was testy". This term usually means the reporter heard it from someone else.
Yep, I'm sure JH did this more for himself than to set the record straight about Daniel. I guess he got tired of people bugging him about the incident, and decided to nip it in the bud once and for all with his nice/nasty "apology". He sure couldn't resist taking a few more jabs at Daniel in the process. Knowing Daniel, it will be a cold day in hell before he apolgizes for his part in the act and he really shouldn't have to.

Michelle
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Misha wrote:Yep, I'm sure JH did this more for himself than to set the record straight about Daniel. I guess he got tired of people bugging him about the incident, and decided to nip it in the bud once and for all with his nice/nasty "apology". He sure couldn't resist taking a few more jabs at Daniel in the process.
Yeah, you know how it is... press people... :roll:
But still, I actually believe him when he says that sound bite was just a pretty stupid attempt at humour.
Misha

Post by Misha »

Anglophile wrote:
Misha wrote:Yep, I'm sure JH did this more for himself than to set the record straight about Daniel. I guess he got tired of people bugging him about the incident, and decided to nip it in the bud once and for all with his nice/nasty "apology". He sure couldn't resist taking a few more jabs at Daniel in the process.
Yeah, you know how it is... press people... :roll:
But still, I actually believe him when he says that sound bite was just a pretty stupid attempt at humour.
I believe him too, but he continued to press his luck, even after Forest Whitaker failed to grasp his "humor". I know Daniel can be temperamental, but imagine if he were someone like Sean Penn - JH probably would've gotten choked. :shock: Not that it would've been a bad thing. Hah!

I was reading an article recently about Joe Pesci smashing a guy's head into his car just for asking him about Home Alone. JH got off lucky.

Michelle
catherinep

Post by catherinep »

Don't know if this has been posted - Just found it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1773
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Great article, thanks for posting.
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
sigl

Post by sigl »

Didn't the interviewer say that he was going to take time off to get married and have kids?? That would take longer than a month or so....especially if he and Satsuki want to stay as inseparable in the future as they are now. I imagine it will be harder with kids in the future!
sigl

"For the ones who had a notion
A notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!"

Bruce Springsteen, "Badlands"
magch

Post by magch »

NextBondGirl wrote: Gmtv's Los Angeles based correspondent, Carla Romano, then said that Daniel intended to 'take a long holiday' after filming was complete to get married and have kids. She then proceeded to complain about him not being single because she thought he is gorgeous.
:roll: What kind of news commentary is that? It's so unprofessional. It's not like she would have a chance anyway if he stays single. Just leave him alone and let him do his movies. Stop all this nonsense. Why does it matter anyway?