News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Does anyone here watch Game of Thrones?

There's some rumours going round that Daniel had a cameo in The Battle of The Bastards recently.

From imdb

During the fight sequence where Jon Snow is being trampled on, one can see the face of Daniel Craig in the backdrop for around 1 to 2 seconds. After begging to Weiss and Benioff to let him appear on the show, after revealing he was a fan to the Daily Mail, they let him appear.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4283088/tri ... tt_trv_trv
Maria

Post by Maria »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Does anyone here watch Game of Thrones?

There's some rumours going round that Daniel had a cameo in The Battle of The Bastards recently.

From imdb

During the fight sequence where Jon Snow is being trampled on, one can see the face of Daniel Craig in the backdrop for around 1 to 2 seconds. After begging to Weiss and Benioff to let him appear on the show, after revealing he was a fan to the Daily Mail, they let him appear.

I've never watched the show, and now I'm all set to to buy the latest series for this scene! ;)

Hope someone can provide screen shots if he does make an appearance.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Maria wrote:
sf2la wrote:It was the Wednesday of that week, 2011.
Thank you sf2la! I stand corrected - I just looked up 2011 and then the date is 22 June!

Now we know. (So early happy fifth anniversary to Daniel and Rachel.) :cheer: :cheer:
Sorry, I didn't have a chance to google when I wrote that. I just remember it being a Wednesday and thinking 'How clever. Who gets married on a Wednesday?' Yep, it's the 22nd.
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

From imdb

I really don't believe that. Anyway I watched the scene again pausing frequently and couldn't see anyone resembling Daniel.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Nuts... I don't watch GoT anymore. Tried it and got sick of the tits and arse of the female variety... :roll: ... They really should let Daniel be in it properly though (as with everything else...) That would definitely rekindle my interest. Still, if it's a 'blink and you miss it' cameo, I ain't gonna buy a whole season on dvd just for that, no matter how much I love him. Hopefully, it will turn up on YT at some point.
Maria

Post by Maria »

sf2la wrote:
Maria wrote:
sf2la wrote:It was the Wednesday of that week, 2011.
Thank you sf2la! I stand corrected - I just looked up 2011 and then the date is 22 June!

Now we know. (So early happy fifth anniversary to Daniel and Rachel.) :cheer: :cheer:
Sorry, I didn't have a chance to google when I wrote that. I just remember it being a Wednesday and thinking 'How clever. Who gets married on a Wednesday?' Yep, it's the 22nd.
Here is some gossip-y speculation on my part.

In late March 2011, they were pictured in London at the Louis Vuitton shop. This article in Just Jared mentioned the following:

"Last week, Daniel celebrated St. Patrick’s Day in New York City by visiting with Archbishop Timothy Dolan at St. Patrick’s Cathedral. Later in the day, he watched the annual parade."

I wonder now, could he have been meeting at a church regarding a planned small mid-week wedding? Unless he happened to meet the Archbishop by chance at a parade?

http://www.justjared.com/2011/03/25/dan ... air-mates/

I do not know if they are religious, perhaps they got married at home.
Maria

Post by Maria »

Madeleine wrote:

From imdb

I really don't believe that. Anyway I watched the scene again pausing frequently and couldn't see anyone resembling Daniel.
There have been several "sightings" over the years, mainly gossip.

Actually, I'm not mad-keen about Game of Thrones, I've heard there's a great deal of gratuitous T & A of actresses...
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Maria wrote:
sf2la wrote:
Maria wrote: Thank you sf2la! I stand corrected - I just looked up 2011 and then the date is 22 June!

In late March 2011, they were pictured in London at the Louis Vuitton shop. This article in Just Jared mentioned the following:

"Last week, Daniel celebrated St. Patrick’s Day in New York City by visiting with Archbishop Timothy Dolan at St. Patrick’s Cathedral. Later in the day, he watched the annual parade."

I wonder now, could he have been meeting at a church regarding a planned small mid-week wedding? Unless he happened to meet the Archbishop by chance at a parade?

They got married in their home upstate NY, with just the children present and witnesses.
I've never heard of Daniel as being particularly religious, although I've always thought of him as a spiritual person.
Rachel is Jewish, I think she follows a lot of their customs etc.
Maria

Post by Maria »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
Maria wrote:
sf2la wrote: Sorry, I didn't have a chance to google when I wrote that. I just remember it being a Wednesday and thinking 'How clever. Who gets married on a Wednesday?' Yep, it's the 22nd.

They got married in their home upstate NY, with just the children present and witnesses.
I've never heard of Daniel as being particularly religious, although I've always thought of him as a spiritual person.
Oh thanks Sylvia's Girl! All the more they were able to keep is really private. Good for them!
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Maria wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:
Maria wrote: Here is some gossip-y speculation on my part.

Oh thanks Sylvia's Girl! All the more they were able to keep is really private. Good for them!
Very private, no spread in Hello magazine for them! :wink:
Maria

Post by Maria »

Sylvia's girl wrote: Very private, no spread in Hello magazine for them! :wink:
I admire them for that. I find it distasteful when celebrities have these multi-million dollar weddings that Hello or some such pays for - even "donated to charity" supposedly - and everything seems staged. Then a year or two later, does Hello cover the divorce?

Daniel and Rachel keep their lives private and I respect that. Okay, as much as I want news, pictures and details, I still respect them for not parading their lives in front of the public. They don't crave the publicity for their careers nor their egos. And yet, they've both done rather well personally and professionally despite that éh?

Interesting that we never heard who the two family friends were as the witnesses? And with Rachel's fashion sense, I would have really like to have seen a picture of her wedding dress too.

Side note - yes, had Daniel and Rachel had a wedding cover story in Hello, I admit I would have bought it. Or at least made a scan on-line... 8)
bubita

Post by bubita »

Madeleine wrote:

From imdb

I´m a fan of Game of Thrones, I haven´t heard a single rumour about it. I´ll see the episode again later but don´t think this is true.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

bubita wrote:
Madeleine wrote:

From imdb

I´m a fan of Game of Thrones, I haven´t heard a single rumour about it. I´ll see the episode again later but don´t think this is true.
I think it's just a bit of wishful thinking
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, I feel thhere is nop truth in it. He was in SW, so why not in anything else. Maybe somebody saw a person there, he thought was Daniel. :dunno:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bubita

Post by bubita »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
bubita wrote:
Madeleine wrote: I really don't believe that. Anyway I watched the scene again pausing frequently and couldn't see anyone resembling Daniel.
I think it's just a bit of wishful thinking
This is the one man that resembles the most but it´s not him.