News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Alina wrote:
Dunda wrote:
Germangirl wrote:..that was fine until she started on the black Bond :evil: :lol: Gosh...
Well she was the one who said only 2 years back that Sean is the best Bond and Daniel despite being a good actor doesn't embrace James Bond.
Wasn't that Ursula Andress?
Honor, who is on a UK tour with her one-woman show about her career, tells us that Bond’s latest reincarnation Daniel Craig can’t be the true super spy that Ian Fleming intended.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/4 ... y-top-Bond

Andress said the same thing.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Of course, they do. :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Alina

Post by Alina »

They stick to the times when they had their moment of glory, nothing really worth attention.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

This might be 'old news' now, but I was thinking again this morning of Daniels knee. :wink: :oops: :roll: I was thinking he should acquire the services of a Reiki Healer. Michael used this holistic therapy to great effect during his very busy dancing years. The treatment could not only speed up the healing of this injury but strengthen the joint against future injuries. Of course, you have to believe in the efficacy of the treatment to start with and something tells me that Daniel may not be 'hip' to that kind of non medical intervention.... :?
bubita

Post by bubita »

I need to hear the audio interview or vid to see if this true.
I can´t remember Daniel saying anything about Elba.
http://www.contactmusic.com/idris-elba/ ... =mail_news
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Of course not, its ridiculous, but, of course, if someone ever asked Daniel, if whoever could be a good Bond, he would say yes.

This Elba guy is a littzle stinker, who thankfully will NEVER be Bond.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I brought a 'Sun' newspaper to read over lunch today.... there was a little column in the entertainment pages and how Elba now agreed that his 'Bond' ship had sailed. He defended criticism that he wasn't 'English' enough for the role, because he's black I guess. My reaction? Boo - bloody - hoo!!! :roll: Never wanted you as Bond anyway..... :wink:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:I brought a 'Sun' newspaper to read over lunch today.... there was a little column in the entertainment pages and how Elba now agreed that his 'Bond' ship had sailed. He defended criticism that he wasn't 'English' enough for the role, because he's black I guess. My reaction? Boo - bloody - hoo!!! :roll: Never wanted you as Bond anyway..... :wink:
I'm agree!! But as l&t cry as the next chap is, I f my envy him. Mighty big biceps and pecs to fill! And of course all the rest.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

How film actors' pay gets calculated

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/busin ... calculated
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks, but as far as I know, he didn't get that amount for SF, just for Spectre and the next.

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:Thanks, but as far as I know, he didn't get that amount for SF, just for Spectre and the next.
Thanks, Cass! Interesting article. GG, I definitely believe he made that for ️SF (and it was probably in the leaked info.). All the reports say that he signed a deal that will pay him $25m each for the next two Bonds.

Not to get off topic, but did you read how Sandra Bullock called the police from her safe room in her house because she saw a nutcase intruder inside her home? He claimed he wanted to have sex with her, etc. he was an obsessed fan. It was in the news within the last few days.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Thanks, but as far as I know, he didn't get that amount for SF, just for Spectre and the next.
Thanks, Cass! Interesting article. GG, I definitely believe he made that for ️SF (and it was probably in the leaked info.). All the reports say that he signed a deal that will pay him $25m each for the next two Bonds.
Yes, next two, that is Spectre and Bond 25. I am pretty sure about that.

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:
sf2la wrote:
Yes, next two, that is Spectre and Bond 25. I am pretty sure about that.
Good thing for him that's he's such an excellent Bond. The man does not need to have a Twitter account! Darn it. Lol - but really not Lol. It could be fun to read his and see posted pics. But that's in our dreams.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

sf2la wrote:

Not to get off topic, but did you read how Sandra Bullock called the police from her safe room in her house because she saw a nutcase intruder inside her home? He claimed he wanted to have sex with her, etc. he was an obsessed fan. It was in the news within the last few days.
Sf, I can't take credit for posting the article, it was SG. I did post the following on 4 April that I thought you would like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk1t_Qw ... e=youtu.be
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Daniel Craig gets 'license to save' as U.N. envoy on mines

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuter ... mines.html

UNITED NATIONS, April 14 (Reuters) - As secret agent James Bond, Daniel Craig has a license to kill, but on Tuesday the United Nations gave the British actor a "license to save" by appointing him as the first global advocate for the elimination of mines and explosive hazards.
Craig - who has been filming his fourth movie as the dapper, martini-drinking agent 007 - will spend the next three years raising awareness for the U.N. Mine Action Service (UNMAS) and political and financial support for the cause.
"You have been given a license to kill (as James Bond), I'm now giving you a license to save," U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon told Craig at United Nations headquarters in New York.
The United Nations said 162 States are parties to the Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention. Last year, the United Nations said it destroyed more than 400,000 land mines and explosive remnants of war and more than 2,000 tons of obsolete ammunition.
"I am honored to accept this role, I'm humbled that I will get the chance to work next to people who are risking their lives every day to help ordinary people live ordinary lives," said Craig. "I will do my very best." (Reporting by Michelle Nichols; Editing by Jonathan Oatis)

[There are pics over on the photos thread]