News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

OK, I didn't realize about the 3-piece. IF he has, it must have been a great moment. Realizing, he actually is ABLE to buy such a thing. Wonderful...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Alina

Post by Alina »

Bond wouldn't afford to buy a Bacon painting??? Verschon mich! :lol: ;)
Sorry for my bad German, but I don't speak it at all, it was just to amuse you :)
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl wrote:OK, I didn't realize about the 3-piece. IF he has, it must have been a great moment. Realizing, he actually is ABLE to buy such a thing. Wonderful...
Absolutely! To own something like that must be a joy.

If I had a lot of amount of money I would like a painting by LS Lowry. Also, (and much more affordable), an original or two by Trevor Grimshaw.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

If I had enough money, I would spend it all on travelling. ALL!! :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

purple

Post by purple »

Germangirl wrote:If I had enough money, I would spend it all on travelling. ALL!! :lol:
and tickets to all great opera and theatre performances! :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

purple wrote:
Germangirl wrote:If I had enough money, I would spend it all on travelling. ALL!! :lol:
Absolutely! Music is important to me.

purple

Post by purple »

Germangirl wrote:
purple wrote:
can you imagine how wonderful it would be to travel from Verona to Ravello for the festivals and then from New York to London to Vienna to Paris to Milan for all opera performances? and go to all plays in NY and London? be able to see all those great singers and actors and directors... :sigh:

GG, I think we should start playing the lottery...
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

purple wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
purple wrote: and tickets to all great opera and theatre performances! :D
can you imagine how wonderful it would be to travel from Verona to Ravello for the festivals and then from New York to London to Vienna to Paris to Milan for all opera performances? and go to all plays in NY and London? be able to see all those great singers and actors and directors... :sigh:

Gosh, you kill me. :twisted: I play the lotterie already. Seriously...but we can always catch parts of what we like, so that is something...

purple

Post by purple »

Germangirl wrote:
purple wrote:
Germangirl wrote: Absolutely! Music is important to me.

Gosh, you kill me. :twisted: I play the lotterie already. Seriously...but we can always catch parts of what we like, so that is something...
absolutely - we ARE fortunate!
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I say he and RW can afford the painting. Besides, you know who loves him, would do anything for him (okay, maybe more before he married), likes to give very special, meaningful gifts, and has oooooooodles of money? BB.

Daniel has said he'd buy a Bacon painting if he could ever afford it.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

But i seriously doubt, he would take such an expensive gift. But i suppose, there are Bacons...and there are Bacons. For sure, Babs would like to shower him with All sort of things :lol:

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

It was in the NYT that the set of 3 portraits sold for $45.4M. They were expecting about $30M. No, I definitely don't thing DC bought that!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Nope, the last report said, they were worth 40 mill. together...

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

This George Dyer triptych was sold for 26,7 Mill GBP (45 Mill USD)

And another triptych was sold last November for 142 Mil USD, this is crazy....

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Dunda wrote:This George Dyer triptych was sold for 26,7 Mill GBP (45 Mill USD)

And another triptych was sold last November for 142 Mil USD, this is crazy....
But not as crazy as this is, I feel.....£2.2million for this!........... :shock: :shock: :? :?

http://uk.blouinartinfo.com/news/story/ ... -for-ps22m