News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Its not news, but not twitter either, more musings..

this is not written about Daniel, but Eric Bana, but it sure sounds like him:

It’s hard to pick on him, though. Partially because I don’t think he’s doing anything wrong, partially because his priority is not being a huge movie star. Maybe that’s why he doesn’t push harder. His fame quotient is satisfied by what he’s got going. Maybe he’s one of those actors who doesn’t need the constant applause and adoration to be happy. Or maybe, at 45, he’s simply outgrown the need....

http://www.laineygossip.com/Career-Pros ... Bana/29366
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Alas, the tweet about Daniel at a chippy in Scotland was probably accurate: more rugby at Murrayfield (Edinburgh) today.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/rugb ... ne-3123721

"Fly-half Ruaridh Jackson and I then took our seats in the stand and there was a bit of a kerfuffle which we knew was hardly caused by our presence.

True enough, two rows behind, Daniel Craig – James Bond himself – had just arrived in the VIP section.

Later, we asked to have a photo taken with him but he said no and yet he was happily pictured with all the England players. Fair enough, he was supporting them but it would have been a nice snap for the album. It still rankles a wee bit.

Here’s hoping we have him reaching for large Martinis later tonight to drown his sorrows and I’d love to cross the line again, as I did in my first appearance against England at Twickenham last year."

Wonder if any pics will pop up?

Grip
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hi grip, i read this article and as i understood it, that was 2 years ago with DC.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

agrippina wrote:Alas, the tweet about Daniel at a chippy in Scotland was probably accurate: more rugby at Murrayfield (Edinburgh) today.

"Fly-half Ruaridh Jackson and I then took our seats in the stand and there was a bit of a kerfuffle which we knew was hardly caused by our presence.

True enough, two rows behind, Daniel Craig – James Bond himself – had just arrived in the VIP section.

Later, we asked to have a photo taken with him but he said no and yet he was happily pictured with all the England players. Fair enough, he was supporting them but it would have been a nice snap for the album. It still rankles a wee bit.

Here’s hoping we have him reaching for large Martinis later tonight to drown his sorrows and I’d love to cross the line again, as I did in my first appearance against England at Twickenham last year."

Grip
Its a previous game that he's referring to, although England did play Scotland this afternoon snd won. :D
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Oh, that's true. I wondered why this sounded familiar. Thanks for reading more carefully than I did!

G
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

agrippina wrote:Oh, that's true. I wondered why this sounded familiar. Thanks for reading more carefully than I did!

G
well you never know, he could have flown over from NYC to see it. After all he did fly all the way to Oz to see them play. :wink:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

agrippina wrote:Alas, the tweet about Daniel at a chippy in Scotland was probably accurate: more rugby at Murrayfield (Edinburgh) today.

Grip
Its a previous game that he's referring to, although England did play Scotland this afternoon snd won. :D
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Daniel will be pleased about the rugby result, and Liverpool also beat Arsenal 5-1 this afternoon.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:thumbup:

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

cassandra wrote:Daniel will be pleased about the rugby result, and Liverpool also beat Arsenal 5-1 this afternoon.
Yep, he will be a happy man after those results.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Others have commented on the fact that ‘The Monuments Men’ has received poor reviews. It currently has a rating of 33% on Rotten Tomatoes. I was a bit disappointed when I read that Daniel was pulling out of the film but after reading some of the critics’ reviews, I think it turned out to be a good decision, taken for whatever reason.

This is from ‘The Telegraph’ online today:
Berlin Film Festival 2014: The Monuments Men, review
George Clooney's latest directorial outing, a historical caper about the recovery of stolen artwork from the Nazis, is self-congratulatory piffle, says Tim Robey

‘No one in the cast is doing anything specifically wrong, but they should all be staring daggers at their director and co-star for saddling them with such piffle.’

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... eview.html
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Ouch! It seems Daniel definitely made the right decision. I wonder if he was advised that it wouldn't be great, or if his own gut instinct told him? He seems to make a lot of career decisions based on instinct, so I've a feeling it was probably that.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

CockHargreaves wrote:Ouch! It seems Daniel definitely made the right decision. I wonder if he was advised that it wouldn't be great, or if his own gut instinct told him? He seems to make a lot of career decisions based on instinct, so I've a feeling it was probably that.
I think he just wanted down time with the family before starting the play. Anyway, whatever his reasons, he's well out of it, I'm pleased to say.

MM is only rated 33% on RT. Some of the cast, including Matt Damon are on Grahame Norton next week.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_monuments_men/
Alina

Post by Alina »

When I found out Daniel backed out of MM I was really upset. I thought it had potential to be a hell of a movie, but now I'm kind of relieved - apparently it DID turn out to be a hell of a movie, just in the opposite sense of the phrase. Shame.
Sylvia's girl wrote:I think he just wanted down time with the family before starting the play.
At least that's how he "officially" explained his decision. Maybe he was just being diplomatic about all this.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Not that it really matters anymore, but he did sign the dotted line - along came Betrayal and off he went. My two... :wink:

But yeah, it seemed to come in second with around 20 Mill, which is not THAT bad, but I suppose, once people are disappointed with it, it will fall on its second weekend. Clooney went everywhere with his promotion for this film. That will count for something - at first.

Funny how a bit of a trailer already gives sure signs, that something is off. I only saw it once and all, who saw it, agreed. Seemed we were right.