News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

LOL
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

tampa

Post by tampa »

Sam has cast Charlie Hunnam for the male lead in 50 shades of grey. Never read it, but am aware of the big buzz about the book and now the movie. Sam seems to adore DC, and maybe I'm imagining it, but I think Hunnam looks like a young DC, and has a similar career path to DC's early career. I think it was intentional and she was deliberately going for a young DC.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

To me, he looks DC-ish in some pics and Pitt-ish in others :lol:
Good choice, he can look different, not a boring pretty face.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

From the tweets, we are not alone in thinking this.

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

I don't think he's particularly handsome, personally. Never watched any of his work, though.
My first reaction when you said he was a bit like DC was - rubbish. But I've looked him up on Google Images since and I guess I can see what you mean, he does look a bit like the pup. Not as attractive for me, though.
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I love Charlie in Sons of Anarchy , very sexy .Don Johnson & Melanie Griffiths daughter is the girl in 50 Shades
tampa

Post by tampa »

Laredo wrote:I love Charlie in Sons of Anarchy , very sexy .Don Johnson & Melanie Griffiths daughter is the girl in 50 Shades
Saw him on a late night interview show, either Letterman or Leno, and was impressed. Seemed bright and nice. He's getting some of the same kind of "he's not pretty" "he's blond" crap that DC got. He does look much better with no beard and shorter hair. I def. get DC vibes from him. A little Brad Pitt too with the bad hair. He's probably a much better actor than some of the other name actors his age.
caramel

Post by caramel »

I thought no one wanting credibility as an actor will touch this thing with a ten foot pole - but no apparently there are takers! :dunno:

HLAJ wrote:I don't think he's particularly handsome, personally. Never watched any of his work, though.
My first reaction when you said he was a bit like DC was - rubbish. But I've looked him up on Google Images since and I guess I can see what you mean, he does look a bit like the pup. Not as attractive for me, though.
I cannot see him as C Grey.
Never heard of this guy. He doesn't look anything like Daniel to me. Not at all. Maybe a bit like Brad Pitt with that longish hair.
I guess only very few actors actually have that charisma that comes off in interviews which this guy just doesn't have imo. He is dull and boring.
What accent is he supposed to have?

that said - I am not a fan of Fifty shades. That book is crap. Horrendous writing, unoriginal characters, plot. That author is shameless and unapologetic in having copied someone else' idea.
But then she is a winner in having made millions from this - what does my opinion matter?

I wonder how much freedom STJ has in making this crapfest palatable?
As long as the "inner Goddesses" and "oh mys" don't make it to the screen I may watch it for the sex. Just curious to know how far they will take it.

Bee - if you ever read this, what do you feel?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

He is fine, when he brings YOU out, Caramel :wink:

I liked what I saw in the pics. Some of them were really handsome. But two interviews later, I am less impressed. His voice is rather high pitched and not particularly sexy and I am not overwhelmed by his personality either. Nothing bad, just nothing exciting either. But I guess, he might come out as a surprise - so lets see. I bvelieve, Sam knows, what she is doing.

tampa

Post by tampa »

Def a risky role for him as he was really starting to get film roles and very risky for Sam. It could be a Twilight kind of smash hit given the book sales or a big dud. I was given the book last year but still haven't read it. He's lived in the US for ten yrs and has lost part of his English accent so his accent does sound a bit odd but i still think he's interesting.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Not the first time, I have read that. Sure, from what I know, he is way too old for the role, but still... :twisted:

Louise Bennett @_louisebennett 10m
If only Daniel Craig was Christian Grey

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

caramel wrote:I thought no one wanting credibility as an actor will touch this thing with a ten foot pole - but no apparently there are takers! :dunno:

HLAJ wrote:I don't think he's particularly handsome, personally. Never watched any of his work, though.
I cannot see him as C Grey.
Never heard of this guy. He doesn't look anything like Daniel to me. Not at all. Maybe a bit like Brad Pitt with that longish hair.
I guess only very few actors actually have that charisma that comes off in interviews which this guy just doesn't have imo. He is dull and boring.
What accent is he supposed to have?

that said - I am not a fan of Fifty shades. That book is crap. Horrendous writing, unoriginal characters, plot. That author is shameless and unapologetic in having copied someone else' idea.
But then she is a winner in having made millions from this - what does my opinion matter?

I wonder how much freedom STJ has in making this crapfest palatable?
As long as the "inner Goddesses" and "oh mys" don't make it to the screen I may watch it for the sex. Just curious to know how far they will take it.

Bee - if you ever read this, what do you feel?
"C"I didn't like the book either. I found it very demeaning to women. I was insulted as a woman. :vomit: :vomit: yuck, yuck, yuck. I have read pron letter than 50 Shades.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Looks like these two get a lozt of backlash just like Ben Affleck (not saying they play in the same liga though) People are very protective about their beloved characters, that's for sure and now its on them to prove, they can make something of it. The girl looks really bland and uninteresting, but I read, that is what that Ana is supposed to be. A bland paper until she meets him. I haven't read the books, but will see the film. Just for good fun...

But it might be, that many declined to take the role and they had to settle with those, who were willing. Like Tampa said - maybe it was not the best choice for him. Time will tell.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

LOL - not the first time, I read this, but what a joke. He doesn't have the looks NOR the age. Well - at least I don't consider him handsome to begin with.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... um=twitter

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Hmmm, I wouldn't be surprised if Damien Lewis knows DC quite well. His wife is Helen McCrory, who was in Skyfall and Flashbacks of a Fool (and possibly other DC movies too, for all I know). My friend who worked with RW has a lot of respect for Helen McCrory - apparently both she and RW have their feet firmly on the ground, surprising considering their lifestyles don't lend themselves to normality.
Maybe DL would like to be Bond, but possibly his remarks were tongue-in-cheek, like when Hugh Jackman said he would take the part when Daniel gets too old. It wouldn't surprise me if the Daily Fail has taken something out of context and made it sound completely different from the way it was intended. Or possibly they asked him a loaded question and saying yes was the only polite answer?