News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

JEC57 wrote:
calypso wrote:satsuki's (co- producer) film will show at toronto film festival
http://tiff.net/filmsandschedules/tiff/ ... takatellme
Keira, Eva Mendes, and Sam Worthington’s new marital drama Last Night will be the closing attraction at the Toronto International Film Festival later this month. Sept 18th.
So that's where Sats has been while Daniel has been chasing aliens. :brood:
Since DC has been in the States for about a year now, makes it convenient for Sats to work. It would have been tough for her to work during the Bond years and still be with DC. Maybe she needs income to pay for the flat in NY, :wink: Just kidding.
calypso

Post by calypso »

Cyanaurora wrote:
JEC57 wrote:
calypso wrote:satsuki's (co- producer) film will show at toronto film festival
http://tiff.net/filmsandschedules/tiff/ ... takatellme
Keira, Eva Mendes, and Sam Worthington’s new marital drama Last Night will be the closing attraction at the Toronto International Film Festival later this month. Sept 18th.
So that's where Sats has been while Daniel has been chasing aliens. :brood:
Since DC has been in the States for about a year now, makes it convenient for Sats to work. It would have been tough for her to work during the Bond years and still be with DC. Maybe she needs income to pay for the flat in NY, :wink: Just kidding.

i think this film will be high profile for her, somehow we will see her without daniel i think to elevate her own career. i think that good move, not saying they are not together but smart for her to appear without him
but it seem she in NY doing her own thing while daniel film.
i think we so used to seeing them together yes? i think she will start appearing solo at few charity things. you are right too, she is with him constantly and hard for her carreer and then she will go with him to sweden soon.
it's her time with this film.
ImageImage
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

doubleclapclap wrote:.
Completely off-topic here............ as ex-Army, I LOVE your avatar. :rotfl:
doubleclapclap

Post by doubleclapclap »

JEC57 wrote:
doubleclapclap wrote:.
Completely off-topic here............ as ex-Army, I LOVE your avatar. :rotfl:
thanks!! I live by that saying haha
There are more pics of her from this event floating around, here is one from gettyimages http://www.gettyimages.se/detail/98762044/WireImage
and yeah, as said before, she's without daniel.
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11112425

Keira Knightley film Last Night is to open the Rome Film Festival, organisers have announced.

The film, which also stars Clash of the Titans' Sam Worthington, is described as "a romantic tale of sexual attraction, betrayal, and jealousy".

Nicole Kidman's latest film, drama Rabbit Hole, will also be screened at the festival, which is in its fifth year.

The event runs from 28 October to 5 November.
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Another one from Sats - the Keira film

Produced by
Buddy Enright .... executive producer
Satsuki Mitchell .... co-producer
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

togal

Post by togal »

calypso wrote:
Cyanaurora wrote:
JEC57 wrote: So that's where Sats has been while Daniel has been chasing aliens. :brood:

i think this film will be high profile for her, somehow we will see her without daniel i think to elevate her own career. i think that good move, not saying they are not together but smart for her to appear without him
but it seem she in NY doing her own thing while daniel film.
i think we so used to seeing them together yes? i think she will start appearing solo at few charity things. you are right too, she is with him constantly and hard for her carreer and then she will go with him to sweden soon.
it's her time with this film.
It's great to see Satsuki continuing with her career. I'm curious if she will show up at TIFF. There are still tickets available for the VISA screening room ($40 + admin fee) but the gala tickets are no longer available. I've learned from past experience that if you really want to see the celebs, don't attend the gala. Just go early to get front row behind the barrier.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hi Togal :wave: Nice to see,you are still around.
All set for DC's visit to Toronto from the 28th. Sept? :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

togal

Post by togal »

Germangirl wrote:Hi Togal :wave: Nice to see,you are still around.
Hello Germangirl. I've been laying low lately and am still overcoming being sick for 3 weeks.

Are we sure Daniel is coming back to Toronto on September 28? I'm having some peridontal surgery on Sept 27- my birthday :( but I'm going to be off work on the 28th. He was so elusive when he was here filming Dream House that it's so hard to catch him in the flesh. I mean, there wasn't even a sighting of him at Starbucks! Or at least I wasn't aware. :? Come on Daniel...throw us a bone. I'm going to have to hunt you down. :lol: :oops:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

togal wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Hi Togal :wave: Nice to see,you are still around.
Hello Germangirl. I've been laying low lately and am still overcoming being sick for 3 weeks.

Are we sure Daniel is coming back to Toronto on September 28? I'm having some peridontal surgery on Sept 27- my birthday :( but I'm going to be off work on the 28th. He was so elusive when he was here filming Dream House that it's so hard to catch him in the flesh. I mean, there wasn't even a sighting of him at Starbucks! Or at least I wasn't aware. :? Come on Daniel...throw us a bone. I'm going to have to hunt you down. :lol: :oops:
There are reshoots starting 28th for 2 weeks. Dunno however, for how long Daniel will be needed. Hope the surgery won't be too bad. I am sure, they will be on the sound stage, as I don't see them building up any exteriors again with snow and all.

calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/14 ... irt-Anyone
Initial stars and auction items have been announced for the 24th Annual Broadway Flea Market and Grand Auction, set for 10 AM-7 PM Sept. 26 in the theatre district's Shubert Alley and West 44th Street.

The outdoor event raises money for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS and features a host of theatrical memorabilia donated by the theatrical community. The day-long benefit also boasts a Celebrity Table, where theatre fans can purchase autographs by or photos with their favorite stars from Broadway, Off-Broadway and television serials. The traditionally well-attended event also includes a Grand Auction, where "singular items and opportunities such as walk-on roles in Broadway shows, television programs and films" are auctioned to the highest bidder.
Daniel Craig's tank top that he wore during a performance of A Steady Rain, autographed by Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman.
ImageImage
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

This is not really a 'newsroom-y' item but I didn't know where else to add it... It seems pointless starting a new thread on Q&A. Yes, that's right, I want to ask my fellow forum members a question!

I was reading an article in a film magazine about a new movie starring Ryan Reynolds - it's called "Buried" and is essentially about a man who gets kidnapped in Iraq and put in an empty coffin. The movie focusses on his emotional journey as he tries to get out with only a partially charged cell phone and a zippo lighter at his disposal. Ryan describes his experience as an emotional hell and not something he would wish to re-live any time soon. As I was reading the article, I wondered if Daniel would ever consider playing such a part were it offered to him? Knowing his penchant for unusual indie movies with dark themes, I thought it a possibility that he would consider this. I am personally glad he is not doing a movie like this any time soon. I have a need to see every movie Daniel does and would obviously find something like "Buried" very hard going. Does anyone have an opinion on this?? Is Daniel mad or brave enough to accept a part like that? :?
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Oh for sure, if the script was right, I think he would seriously consider it.

Consider what he says about the kind of roles he likes, the confliction in character, the challenge to explore what a person would do in unexpected and different situations, the stretch to fill the shoes of another personality who is so different to himself.

My view is that he would be attracted by the aspect of confinement. He acts with his entire being, and doing this role, one part of him would be inactive, (his body) while his mind, his emotions, his face and his voice would get stretched to the maximum endurance.

The only thing aside from the script would be....is he in the "right place" for it emotionally and mentally. Remember him saying that if he is not in the right place for an emotionally raw script then he has problems taking on the role and doesn't really want to.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Thanks for your input JEC ... I knew you would be able to enlighten me!!! :wink: I agree with your opinion that Daniel would do it if offered. He is well known for his willingness to gamble in acting roles. I am only slightly claustrophobic but I still have no intentions of seeing "Buried" even though Ryan stars and not Daniel! :)
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

NextBondGirl wrote: I am only slightly claustrophobic but I still have no intentions of seeing "Buried"
I'm not claustrophobic at all, but I can understand that.

I remeber the Tarantino episode in CSI, when George Eads was burried alive in a glass casket by his kidnapper.
Had a hard time to watch this :wink:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com