News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

yum yum
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/lindsay-lohan ... y/37130?nc

And that's likely why the 23-year-old star is suing financial company E-Trade for $100 million for using her name in its latest commercial about a boyfriend-stealing "milkaholic" baby. :roll:

In the ad, which debuted during this year's Super Bowl in February, a baby boy apologizes to his girlfriend for not calling her the night before.

"And that milkaholic Lindsay wasn't over?" the baby girl asks before another baby girl pops into the screen saying, "Milk-a-whaaat?" (Watch the video here.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEXZ2hfD3bU :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lohan filed the lawsuit Monday, which claims the ad violated the star's rights under New York state civil-rights law.

"Many celebrities are known by one name only, and E-Trade is using that knowledge to profit," Lohan's lawyer, Stephanie Ovadia, said in a statement to the New York Post. "They're using her name as a parody of her life. Why didn't they use the name Susan? This is a subliminal message. Everybody's talking about it and saying it's Lindsay Lohan."

The spokesperson for Grey Group, which produced the "milkaholic" commercial, said that they "just used a popular baby name that happened to be the name of someone on the account team."

In the lawsuit, Lohan is seeking an injunction to force the spot off the air.
ImageImage
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fe ... b-hit.html

DOGS in slow motion? It's a mutt see!

No, we haven't gone barking mad - but Pedigree Chum might have.

To show that there's one thing our four-legged friends love more than their owners, they've slowed down footage of dogs catching treats in mid-air.

click on above link to watch, it is beautiful, dogs in slo motion catching treats then they lick their lips at the end.
:lol:
ImageImage
togal

Post by togal »

I had no idea where to post this but I read a fashion blog called "The Chloe Conspiracy" and I think she has a little crush on our Daniel. :lol:
7. And last, but certainly not least: OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD. MY TWO FAVORITE THINGS IN THE WORLD HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN COMBINED! And readers, for once I'm not talking about Daniel Craig holding a bundle of baby kittens. I'm also not talking about sharp cheddar flavored Sweet Tarts. Or Petunia wearing mascara. I'm talkin' Mad Men! And Barbie! (& click here for more information)
Source: http://www.thechloeconspiracy.com/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

togal wrote:I had no idea where to post this but I read a fashion blog called "The Chloe Conspiracy" and I think she has a little crush on our Daniel. :lol:
7. And last, but certainly not least: OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD. MY TWO FAVORITE THINGS IN THE WORLD HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN COMBINED! And readers, for once I'm not talking about Daniel Craig holding a bundle of baby kittens. I'm also not talking about sharp cheddar flavored Sweet Tarts. Or Petunia wearing mascara. I'm talkin' Mad Men! And Barbie! (& click here for more information)
Source: http://www.thechloeconspiracy.com/
LOL - cute. BTW - nice fantasy - Daniel with those kittens. He would look rather cute...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

togal wrote:OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD. MY TWO FAVORITE THINGS IN THE WORLD HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN COMBINED! And readers, for once I'm not talking about Daniel Craig holding a bundle of baby kittens.
Germangirl wrote:LOL - cute. BTW - nice fantasy - Daniel with those kittens. He would look rather cute...
It certainly is!!! I'm off to NC - will probably be there all weekend :twisted: :D
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Miss-Meow wrote:
togal wrote:OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD. MY TWO FAVORITE THINGS IN THE WORLD HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN COMBINED! And readers, for once I'm not talking about Daniel Craig holding a bundle of baby kittens.
Germangirl wrote:LOL - cute. BTW - nice fantasy - Daniel with those kittens. He would look rather cute...
It certainly is!!! I'm off to NC - will probably be there all weekend :twisted: :D
Don´t forget the party at BB´s house :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

Germangirl wrote:
Miss-Meow wrote:
Don´t forget the party at BB´s house :wink:
No - I'll be at the party - don't worry!!
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -love.html

Richard Gere has been described as the most miserable and insular actor on earth. Perhaps it's not surprising as he's often asked in interviews if it's true he exposed himself to a female reporter (he doesn't remember). Others ask if he is gay (an urban myth, he insists). :roll:

Today, however, Gere is warm and friendly. He is so charming that I find myself daydreaming about him sweeping me off my feet, as he did with co-star Debra Winger in An Officer And A Gentleman.

His body is fantastic for his 60 years and his tiny hamster eyes and schoolboy smirk are alluring. It was Gere's full-frontal appearance in the Eighties film American Gigolo and the highly charged sex scenes in An Officer And A Gentleman (not to mention his tight naval uniform) that established him as a world famous sex symbol.

But Gere's real appeal thrives on being an enigma. He professes bewilderment that half the world finds him attractive.

'I don't even think about it. I'm innocent, like a baby,' he smiles.
He certainly reverted to infancy when he read the script of his latest film, Hachi: A Dog's Tale. It's a heart-warming story about the bond between a professor and his dog, which begins when Gere's character Parker finds a lost puppy, Hachi.

Not wanting to hand the puppy to the pound, Parker takes it home. Banned by his wife Cate from having a dog, Parker hides Hachi, but Cate soon finds out. No one comes forward to claim Hachi, and Parker and his new best friend become so inseparable that Cate accepts the puppy.

Every morning, Hachi accompanies Parker to the train station then faithfully returns to greet his master every evening.

'It's not a movie that I would expect to be drawn to,' says Gere. 'But when I read the script I cried like a baby. This dog and I have a very special relationship. I think most humans that live with a dog have something special going on.

'There's something iconic about this dog - something in our hearts responds to that loyalty.'

In many of his films, Gere has played bachelors who need help to get in touch with their deeper sides. The most successful was Pretty Woman, his 1990 blockbuster with Julia Roberts which grossed $640 million. There was undeniable chemistry with Roberts.

'There are so many elements. Julia and I had some magic moments, but I never knew how it would translate until I saw the film.'

Will he do another film with Roberts? 'I have no idea. We tried to do it again with Runaway Bride, but it didn't have that magic. I don't know why.'

Gere has been with a number of women, but isn't keen to dwell on his ladies' man reputation.

'I don't know about that label. I've had an interesting life. I have a lot of beautiful friends.' :twisted:

One such beauty was his ex wife, supermodel Cindy Crawford. He married her in Las Vegas in 1991 just after the success of Pretty Woman. 'I didn't want to lose her,' he says.

Their marriage was plagued by so much gossip that in 1994 they took out a full-page newspaper advertisement announcing that they were 'heterosexual and monogamous and take our commitment very seriously'.

Six months later they parted. 'We didn't have the perfect marriage - it wasn't happening as well as either of us wanted,' he admits Crawford said she wanted children. With hindsight, he blames the 17-year age gap.

'Marriage is walking the path in the same direction. I wasn't sure I'd adjust to looking after my own child.'

This all changed when Gere was introduced to former Bond girl Carey Lowell in 1995, whom he married in 2002. He was 50 when Lowell gave birth to their son Homer, ten.

Gere is also stepdad to Lowell's daughter. He appears to be as romantic off-screen as on, as he makes a point of appreciating his wife daily: 'You have to let that person know they are special. Start every day fresh.'

No wonder he feels so passionate about Hachi, a film which he co-directed. It is based on a true story about an Akita, Japanese dogs renowned for their deep focus and intuition. Just like Gere himself, some might say.

He was one of few able to develop a connection with the dogs used in the film.

'Akitas are very discerning,' he explains. 'I was nervous about meeting them. You can't buy them with treats - they have to trust you.'

Gere is keen to point out that the Akitas weren't trained to do tricks. 'We didn't want to make a Disney movie. We wanted to spend a long time filming their natural actions.

'We wanted to create situations which explore what a dog feels.'

I tell him that the ladies' toilets were packed with girls wiping away the tears after the screening. He is delighted.

'I love that, I love it,' he whoops.

While Gere has a childlike absence of ego, he is still aware of his pulling power. He is starting a film in May where he plays a spy coming out of retirement. But retirement is not sexy.

'But this is a sexy spy,' he winks.

noone can be sexy spy like daniel :evil: maybe that what they talk about on yacht that time :shock:
ImageImage
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

sf2la wrote:I'm a "Fan" of Facebook's Charitybuzz page. WWO Foundation is auctioning off:
Meet Daniel Craig on the Set of Cowboys and Aliens this Summer.
Current bid is $850. Estimated value: $10,000. Here's the link. How about if we all pitch in and meet him as a group. We'd just have to overpower him
:lol:
http://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_item ... ideorphans
"Meet
Daniel
in the heat." :D :D :D I love that charityidea (sadly, I can't take part :cry: :cry: :cry: ).
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

An old interview in Munich when DC was promoting Defiance..with a slightly dodgy translation!

http://stevavucliuotha.livejournal.com/1969.html
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

Sylvia's girl wrote:An old interview in Munich when DC was promoting Defiance..with a slightly dodgy translation!
http://stevavucliuotha.livejournal.com/1969.html
:) :) :) a nice (and a bit difficult translated) read and very mixed with German words. For me as a German I understand the text, also for the reason, Daniel is my "Schnuckel" :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: too...
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes split up.....

http://www.livingtv.co.uk/celebrity/kat ... -split.php
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

JEC57 wrote:Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes split up.....

:shock: :shock:

that means no Kate as Moneypenny, even if Sam gets the job! :twisted: :twisted:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Dunda wrote:
JEC57 wrote:Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes split up.....

:shock: :shock:

that means no Kate as Moneypenny, even if Sam gets the job! :twisted: :twisted:
Wowza, that was a shock. Mind you, she has been walking the red carpet alone this season. Kate isn't fairing well in the marriage stakes. Wish them both the best (and Bond for Mendes ) :wink: