News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

mermayd

Post by mermayd »

Zibzabzut wrote:I didn't know he made a cameo in that movie. I may have to check it out! Plus Simon Pegg kind of rocks so there's that aspect too 8)
I didn't see the film - it got bad reviews which I never usually listen to anyway. Hopefully someone will put the snippet up on youtube at some point.
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

mermayd wrote:
Zibzabzut wrote:I didn't know he made a cameo in that movie. I may have to check it out! Plus Simon Pegg kind of rocks so there's that aspect too 8)
I didn't see the film - it got bad reviews which I never usually listen to anyway. Hopefully someone will put the snippet up on youtube at some point.
DC isn't mentioned in the credits, so it never came up on my Netflix search. I'll rent it and try to pull the DC part and post it as mermayd suggests.
Crazy!
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

I just started watching it and he's in it for less than 30 seconds on a BAFTA red-carpet reel. It's just older footage from a perhaps 2007? Nothing to screencap or anything :wink:

Quick edit: I'll keep watching to see if anything changes, but for now it's just like I said before. I'll update again when I'm finished!
Last edited by Zibzabzut on Fri May 22, 2009 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mermayd

Post by mermayd »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:
mermayd wrote:
DC isn't mentioned in the credits, so it never came up on my Netflix search. I'll rent it and try to pull the DC part and post it as mermayd suggests.
:D

We should probably hunt on youtube and see if it is already up there first, before you spend any money.
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

mermayd wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote:
mermayd wrote: I didn't see the film - it got bad reviews which I never usually listen to anyway. Hopefully someone will put the snippet up on youtube at some point.

We should probably hunt on youtube and see if it is already up there first, before you spend any money.
No real money, the dvds just show up in my mailbox, like magic! :wink:
I just did a search and I saw lots on the movie, but nothing DC specific. Let me know
Crazy!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Zibzabzut wrote:I just started watching it and he's in it for less than 30 seconds on a BAFTA red-carpet reel. It's just older footage from a perhaps 2007? Nothing to screencap or anything :wink:

Quick edit: I'll keep watching to see if anything changes, but for now it's just like I said before. I'll update again when I'm finished!
I remember them both being there - at one point, Daniel is catching up to Thandie, spreading her arms and obviously telling her, how beautiful she looks.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

May 22, 2009, 5:33 pm
You’re All Stars — Some More Than Others
By Brooks Barnes
Hollywood has never been more conflicted about its movie stars. On one hand, studios, desperate to reduce costs, are increasingly making the premise the star: “G.I. Joe” from Paramount, a take on the board game “Candy Land” from Universal, “The Jungle Cruise,” born out of the theme park ride, from Disney.
On the other hand, studios want more assurances that their casting bets will pay off in ancillary distribution windows. You hear things like, “Sarah Jessica Parker can’t open a movie, but her name can help trigger upfront distribution payments overseas and it guarantees a decent pay TV deal.”
Today, producers and financiers got some extra help in navigating star bankability. The Ulmer Scale, an entertainment database company, released its biennial look at star power. No surprise: “There’s a major recession in bankability among top actors,” said James Ulmer, who founded the company in 1997 after leaving the Hollywood Reporter, where he started the analysis. (Mr. Ulmer has written freelance articles for The New York Times in the past.)
Will Smith, Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt are the top three most bankable stars – and remember this takes into consideration a whole lot more than box office draw – while Reese Witherspoon, Julia Roberts and Kate Winslet are the three top women (in slots 9, 12 and 13 on the overall list). Mel Gibson and Jim Carrey suffered the biggest drops, while Shia LaBeouf and Daniel Craig topped the list of the biggest gainers.
http://carpetbagger.blogs.nytimes.com/
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

‘He has become a personal trainer to the stars, such as Bill Gates and Daniel Craig.’

http://theoriginalgreenwichdiva.com/200 ... iff-edges/
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

JEC57 wrote:‘He has become a personal trainer to the stars, such as Bill Gates and Daniel Craig.’

http://theoriginalgreenwichdiva.com/200 ... iff-edges/
That's great! Then he must be really good. Just look at our Daniel :twisted: :lol:.
mermayd

Post by mermayd »

mermayd wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote:DC isn't mentioned in the credits, so it never came up on my Netflix search. I'll rent it and try to pull the DC part and post it as mermayd suggests.

I've not been able to find it on youtube.
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

mermayd wrote:
mermayd wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote:DC isn't mentioned in the credits, so it never came up on my Netflix search. I'll rent it and try to pull the DC part and post it as mermayd suggests.

I've not been able to find it on youtube.
I've added it and bumped to the first position. I'll be glad to add it to my YouTube 'to do' list. :roll:
Crazy!
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

So I was kinda lazy and fast forwarded through some of the parts via Google Video; thus not watching the entire thing :roll: . GG do you recall where the part with Thandie Newton and Daniel Craig was? The parts I saw had her in the beginning for a bit but was she in it later too?
Linda

Post by Linda »

On Showbiz Tonight, they mentioned Daniel among men over 40 that women love. In my opinion, he is the best looking of all the men in that list.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Zibzabzut wrote:So I was kinda lazy and fast forwarded through some of the parts via Google Video; thus not watching the entire thing :roll: . GG do you recall where the part with Thandie Newton and Daniel Craig was? The parts I saw had her in the beginning for a bit but was she in it later too?
Sorry, it was only a pic.

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Ive seen him in "How to loose friends".
Actually I came to see this movie because of 1 second with him :D It was Bafta red carpet at the beginning.
The release of this film was 1 week before Qos and 1 girl next to me whispere to her friend "Oh it's James Bond!" :lol: Rather funny...