Beautiful Golden Compass Clip!

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

shopper12

Beautiful Golden Compass Clip!

Post by shopper12 »

I don't know if you guys have seen this already, but I thought it was so long and beautiful it deserved to be posted.

This film is looking better and better all the time! :D :D :D

http://www.towleroad.com/2007/07/golden-compass-.html
yochan

Post by yochan »

Thanks, shopper12.
It really is looking better and better all the time, I think , too.
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

That clip looks promising, doesn't it? :D
BTW there's a HD version available on Yahoo movies, you can find the link on the DtD homepage. :wink:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
shopper12

Post by shopper12 »

Anglophile wrote:That clip looks promising, doesn't it? :D
BTW there's a HD version available on Yahoo movies, you can find the link on the DtD homepage. :wink:
Aah, sorry - I wouldn't have posted this if I'd known that. I normally check the homepage often, my bad. :? :cry:
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

You can never post these things nearly enough, shopper! There is always a chance that someone finds something that no one else has found. The more people are on the qui vive, the better! :wink:
shopper12

Post by shopper12 »

Anglophile wrote:You can never post these things nearly enough, shopper! There is always a chance that someone finds something that no one else has found. The more people are on the qui vive, the better! :wink:
Good, good! As long as everything's rosy. :D
yochan

Post by yochan »

For me, your posting was useful, shopper12. :wink:
Tigertash

Post by Tigertash »

Im never sure if things have been posted but post them incase someone hasnt seen them, so it all cool :lol: 8)
007cheese

Post by 007cheese »

Oh my GOD I've fallen in love with Golden Compass. Read it for 7th grade English, and even though I didn't have any celebrity crushes at the time, I had a sense that Lord Asriel was an attractive sort of character, the same way I think Mercutio from Romeo and Juliet just has to be sexy. I don't know why, it just added up like that. I heard then, 4 years ago now, that there would be a movie...and now, look, it's coming out in Dec, it looks gorgeous, and Asriel is our beloved Bond! I am excited beyond words. I've been watching and rewatching the video, and giggling unstoppably. Daemons! Polar Bears! His Sexiness the Daniel Craig! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
"Who are you? Where am I? What the hell is this place?!"
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

Finally, something that both my daughter and I will enjoy together.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sharmaine wrote:Finally, something that both my daughter and I will enjoy together.
True, haven´t thought of that. Nice :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

I hear you Cheesey! I can't wait!! Seriously. Long time since I've last been so excited about a movie. Image
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

From the Hollywood Reporter

This Cannes, one might expect history to repeat itself. New Line is unveiling its adaptation of Philip Pullman's fantasy title "His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass," a lavish Chris Weitz-directed picture set in a parallel universe and starring Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig. Selected scenes from the film will be screened, and one can bet the plan is to position the project as the logical heir to the "LOTR" mantle of a quality epic with the potential to appeal to a massive audience.

The company has high hopes that its planned December release "The Golden Compass" could spawn another major fantasy series, but there are risks associated with the production. "I hear it cost $180 million," one insider says. "That means it has to do $360 million worldwide, plus 20% to show a return on investment. This will have to do $400 million or $450 million worldwide to justify a second film."

New Line declined to comment on the film's budget.

Seems to be a lot at stake here.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..